• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Availability of Factory LED Fog Lights?

Thanks for the replies - If I can't get the lights that Honda uses in their ads I do like the GIVI Trekker lights. Thanks duk2n!

I'm leaning towards the Tesla LEDs also. The Tesla LEDs at least give some specs with their lights. If a company selling lights doesn't provide lumen's and amp draw, I won't bite. I need verifiable data!

I'm leaning towards the Tesla LEDs also. The Tesla LEDs at least give some specs with their lights. If a company selling lights doesn't provide lumen's and amp draw, I won't bite. I need verifiable data!

I have two sets of these - one for my BMW and one for the NC. They are bright for sure. Neither is mounted yet but I have powered them up for testing and am satisfied both with the brightness and the beam dispersion. They are not spots. Tesla has planned to release a PWM dimmer so that you can wire them to run through the dimmer for low beams and bypass the dimmer for high beams. If they don't come out with it soon, I will build my own as PWM dimmer modules are available from a number of outlets.

The owner, George Overkamp, is one of the good guys. If you have a problem he will make it right.

ETA 20 Sep 2012: Well, the bloom is off the rose a bit for George. He made a commitment to me that he didn't keep and the last email went unanswered. Maybe he is busy, but there are no small tests of credibility. No problem with the lights, for the money they are fine. The mounts are cheesy, and since George never came around with his PWM dimmer, I bought one from Rocket Moto instead...

http://www.rocketmoto.com/index.php/products/lighting/iq-170-intelligent-lighting-controller.html

Last edited:
That's good news beemerphile. I like to have auxiliary lighting when I run HI D's and good reviews help take the worry out of expensive purchases.

I would be interested to see pictures of lights fitted to the Givi bars

Absolutely. I am headed to New York on it in a few days but will hopefully do the install when I return. I am saving up several installs to do at the same time in order to prevent pulling the bodywork multiple times. I have several farkles on order (soon to receive) and some in the "pending" box that I will do together in a few weeks. Some of them, to build the suspense, I haven't talked about. If I did, you'd know I was crazy instead of just strongly suspecting it.

Update on the Tesla LED driving lights - they are junk. I won't be running them on my NC. I am leaning toward the Rigid Industries Dually. Not sure. But the Tesla's earn my "Avoid" rating.

Can you provide details?

One of the lights developed variable output after it got up to temperature. It varied between 2.1 and 0.35 amps of current draw. I may try to send it back to George, but I am just generally underwhelmed with them and I may put them on something less critical or just take a loss on them. I bought some Rigid Industries Duallies to install on the NC...

Dually

Interesting. That's a pretty decent swing in current draw, especially for something of this nature. Thanks for the update.

Back