• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Availabiltiy?

I would email every listed dealer within a 200mi radius of you. I got a similar response from my local dealer, contacted some other dealers and one 100mi from me was willing to pick one up from another dealer that was 200mi from them for me, had one in a week and only had to drive 100mi with my boss's little truck to bring it home. Some dealers will work harder for your money than others.

What Craig said...

My dealer did that for me when I bought my Goldwing. I think he said they had a semi-local network (250 mile radius) that they could check stock at other dealers on the computer. Some of the dealers in that network are willing to share/trade unsold stock and some are not willing. I was pretty specific about my Goldwing and my dealer was able to pull it off. I put my request in, and 5 days later they had a new in the crate Goldwing. Two days later I took delivery. I suppose it just depends on how willing your dealer is to do a little leg work. Of course, if they don't share stock with other dealers, I would imagine that other dealers are not willing to share with them.

WGW

What they said. . .

You should be contacting multiple dealers anyway to get the best price. In fact, this being December, you would probably find one or more dealers within a four hour drive that will deeply discount the bike to avoid keeping the inventory over the winter.

I was a bit extreme in my search, but I visited or talked to about 25 dealers.

Greg

Always a way to find what you're looking for, and with the internet is even faster. A mass email to all the dealers could work, granted you will probably get a better response. from a phone call.

You can plug in any location you want on Cycle Trader and search for an NC700 also. I'd be willing to bet that you can find dealers in a colder climate than Georgia who still have one or two in stock.

Bob

Fuzzy,

Great to see you on this forum... As You can see I pulled the trigger and bought the NC700X. Recommend it very highly. Great Bike. Like you I wanted the automatic also. Butt as you realize it was not available. So I decided to go for it bought the 6 speed. Am learning to shift for the first time in 40 Years... Loving every minute of it.

Good Luck in making your decision. I have NO REGRETS about mine.

TucsonRider

I had the choice of going w/ the Honda "Power House" dealer which sells exclusively Honda products or the local multi-brand dealer. The "power house" dealer said they could order and get a DCT in one week's time with $1000 down. They also charge more than 400.00 set up and delivery fee. I went with the multi-brand dealer that took more than a month to fish around for my DCT, but they didn't charge the set up fee and gave free installation and 10% off on any assessories. For me it was worth waiting for the better price and the assessories.

I had already found one 500 miles away for $8150 plus tax and title. To keep peace at home I first need to sell my '93 Vulcan 500. Might have been willing to compromise on DCT but if I buy a new ride it will have ABS.

Trying to confirm when current inventory is gone no more will be available until April? I currently have 2 rides and cash for purchase and can wait if I need to, especially for the keeping peace part.

Considering pulling trigger on DCT version. Dealer informs me he can't order one until the 2013s are out in April.
They are getting tough to find around here also. My dealer Niehaus cycles in litchfield Illinois has only 1 nc left and it is the duct model. Here's there #800 373 6565. Ask for mark and tell him Ed Allen told you to call.
There really good people.

A dealer near me in Urbana, IL is selling a DCT for $8139 +tax, title, license (no freight, no prep). They also have a manual for $6399 +TTL. Their prices were high in the summer and the bikes gathered dust. Now they are cheap, so December is a great time to buy.

Back