• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Average Fuel Economy

I'm getting about 72-74 mpg - a mixture of motorway and smaller roads - 45 miles per day - best yet is 75.4 mpg - but it seems fairly consistant. Usually cruise at about 60-65 mph

better stick to litres then we won't be two nations divided by a common language ;) Mine seems to come on reliably at 10.6 litres - therefore 3,5 litres remaining.
Mike

My fuel mileage took a dive since its been so cold and windy. I finally got a 50 degree ride in, but got hit with 35 mph winds. I can't wait for the 75 mpg day again.

My fuel mileage took a dive since its been so cold and windy. I finally got a 50 degree ride in, but got hit with 35 mph winds. I can't wait for the 75 mpg day again.

6.jpg

I will never have to worry about have a 75 mpg day again, as I will never see one in the first place. I just can not drive that slow.

smileyhandstwo.jpg

00.jpg

me neither Old Can Ride - 75mpg in english is 90mpg and the only way I'd get that would be if I was being towed.
Mike

I have been troubled that my NC got ~73mpg when new, but now gets around 60. All maintenance has been done, tire pressure runs near the top of the recommended, but the mileage still stays about 60.
I would take it in to the dealer, but it would seem petty for me to b#tch that I'm only getting 60mpg!

I have been troubled that my NC got ~73mpg when new, but now gets around 60. All maintenance has been done, tire pressure runs near the top of the recommended, but the mileage still stays about 60.
I would take it in to the dealer, but it would seem petty for me to b#tch that I'm only getting 60mpg!

What farkles have you added? Top trunk, side cases, etc??? Anything added to the aerodynamics of the bike could lower the mpg considerably. Also could be this crappy winter blend gasoline we have been getting, even Florida gets a winter blend gasoline.

If you keep it under 60mph, then you can get in the 70s. If you ride in the 70mph range, you get in the 60s mpg range.
I got 61.5 mpg US, tracking 1000 miles

I just filled up yesterday... 2.8 gallons with 218 miles on the trip meter ---> 77.9 mpg! My previous ride used to get about 35 mpg...

Another tank one week later and 66.6 mpg this time. More freeway riding for this refill whereas the previous mileage was canyons at 55 mph and under.

I'm getting right at 60mpg in my usual riding that includes mountains and desert highways. I usually cruise 75 when I can. I have a tall windscreen, which took a few mph off the top speed. By comparison - I got low 50's with my Triumph Sprint RS, probably going a little faster, and about the same on my Dakar's probably going a smidge slower. The RS was lower and more aerodynamic for sure, the Dakar about the same as the NC.

I check mine about every 8-10 times I fill up.The last time I checked it was 53 mpg.I commute 20 miles each way,60% highway and 40% stop and go and I have hippo hands on and I ride it pretty hard.Plus winter gas so 53mpg isn't to bad.My best was last summer on the Dalton,fully loaded for a 3 week ),6,000 mile trip when I got 73 mpg .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm averaging 70 mpg on my NC. I ride primarily around town with an occasional short highway trip. I have yet to have a full highway trip on a tank. Perhaps it will happen for me this summer. I would like to see what kind of mileage I can get with just highway riding. Of course I will not be going as fast as many others on the Forum. I like to keep it near the posted speed limits, which in Oregon means even interstate limit is only 65.

im averaging right at 60mpg every day driving 170 miles to and from work, highway all the way. i try to cruise around 70mph but have to get up to 75-80 to pass cars/trucks/big rigs sometimes.
hoping my new omni-cruise will help that out once i put it on and try it out.

Let me know how your omni-cruise works. I can't get mine to hold position no matter how much I tighten it. I may just go back to the crampbuster and call it good.

Back