• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Average Fuel Economy

Let me know how your omni-cruise works. I can't get mine to hold position no matter how much I tighten it. I may just go back to the crampbuster and call it good.
Are you using the supplied little rubber band friction sleeve - it made a big difference for me. Mind you mine is the cheaper Go-cruise which has no tensioning bolt.
Mike

Tried one and it didn't work for me. I would unintentionally bump it rolling on unexpected throttle. For me it wasn't safe and I threw it out. If it works for you great, but be aware of a possible problem.

I'm probably not telling you something you don't know but people have a tendency to set the cramp buster to high. If it is mounted / rotated to high you'll tend to rest your wrist on it unknowingly like you mentioned. It needs to be rotated down further. Move it down in small increments until the butt of your hand is a millimeter from making contact when you hand rests naturally. I use a Go-Cruise and a cramp buster and although that seems like a bunch of stuff on the throttle I have zero issues with manipulating the throttle.

Long story short. The cramp buster will cause you problems if mounted to high. JMHO

I agree with sergeant chuck,mine is set at a lower angle.and as far to the end of grip.they also work with grip puppies.(cramp buster)

I just took off the TKC/K60 combo with 12,400 miles on them
e3ytume4.jpg

a5a4ynyd.jpg

And put back on the stock tires.
I do the same commute everyday.
With the TKC/K60 I always got 53-54 MPG's.Today my first tank with the stock tires was 60.67 mpg !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find all this gas milage stuff interesting. With 3500 miles on the clock.
I ride 10 miles at a time 55 -80 mph not using a lot of throttle. I use 92 octane alcohol free gasoline.
I get 55, 56 mpg. tops ever of 60 mpg.
I am 200 lbs and ride more for tire life than fuel milage so I am
smooth and gentle but not slow.
The fuel milage is about the same , ridden the same, that I got
with my 2001 BMW 650 GS Dakar for 100,000 miles.
I really don't see how you get the claimed milages I read about.
It is curious indeed.

I find all this gas milage stuff interesting. With 3500 miles on the clock.
I ride 10 miles at a time 55 -80 mph not using a lot of throttle. I use 92 octane alcohol free gasoline.
I get 55, 56 mpg. tops ever of 60 mpg.
I am 200 lbs and ride more for tire life than fuel milage so I am
smooth and gentle but not slow.
The fuel milage is about the same , ridden the same, that I got
with my 2001 BMW 650 GS Dakar for 100,000 miles.
I really don't see how you get the claimed milages I read about.
It is curious indeed.

Your riding 80 mph is the deciding factor. Just for grins, try riding a tank without going over 65 mph and see what MPG you get. The general consensus is the economy falls off rapidly above 70 mph or so.

Worst I've ever gotten is 73 MPG, but my riding style does not include any speeds above 70 mph.

BTW while not any offical member of anything I have basically ridden daily since 1972 and have around 3/4 of a million miles logged.

I loose almost 20% over 65mph.
I'm 285# with gear,I have 3 GIVI bags and I ride like a normal person.With the stock tires and keeping at or below 60mph on my commute I can get right at 65 mpg.At 65 mph that same commute is at around 58 mpg and at. 70+ it drops down to almost 50mpg. !!.
This is by far the most RPM sensitive bike for mpg that I have ever owned.

BTW while not any offical member of anything I have basically ridden daily since 1972 and have around 3/4 of a million miles logged.

Got my worse fuel mileage this past Friday=57.9 mpg-but I was running between 75-80mph for 168 miles with a 25-35mph head wind.
Yesterday, I was back to my average of 70mpg- 163 miles with 2.3 gallon to fill up=70.9mpg. I kept this run to under 60mph with 50% of non-highway country single lane asphalt roads-still had the 25-35mph head winds though.

68.5mpg average over last 51000kms. Only road. Consumption stays low as long as revs stay under 4000...

my MPG always hovers around 60MPG, usually a little less, sometimes a little more. I never ride gingerly, always ride very aggressively, and after 13k miles, still on my original tires, chain and sprocket. Had to give it a new set of front brake pads though.

my MPG always hovers around 60MPG, usually a little less, sometimes a little more. I never ride gingerly, always ride very aggressively, and after 13k miles, still on my original tires, chain and sprocket. Had to give it a new set of front brake pads though.
Wow - I do not ride aggressively and yet I only got half the mileage out of the tyres that you got (BT023) Mind you I would have got nearly 10k out of the replacement PR3s And I can only get 69mpg UK which is about 58mpg US I guess Chain went at 14k miles but that was my fault really
Mike

Last four tanks of gas and I'm averaging 72 mpg. The only additional wind drag on the bike (besides me) is my Kappa 35L top box. I'm fairly easy on the throttle.

Last 3 tanks finally near the 70mpg mark. Been averaging about 63 since November when I got the bike. I think a combination of things is helping. Summer Gas, Warmer Temps, Lowered my Wind Screen to Lowest Setting, Removed Hand Guards, and trying to keep speed under 70mph. I even did a two up ride with full bags a week and half ago in the mountains and averaged 70mpg. In the next tank or two I may remove the MadStad and put the std factory screen on and see if it improves mileage. Getting hot so need less wind blockage.

Last 3 tanks finally near the 70mpg mark. Been averaging about 63 since November when I got the bike. I think a combination of things is helping. Summer Gas, Warmer Temps, Lowered my Wind Screen to Lowest Setting, Removed Hand Guards, and trying to keep speed under 70mph. I even did a two up ride with full bags a week and half ago in the mountains and averaged 70mpg. In the next tank or two I may remove the MadStad and put the std factory screen on and see if it improves mileage. Getting hot so need less wind blockage.

My fuel economy improved when I went from stock to Madstad. Let us know what happens if you take yours off.

Back