• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Average Fuel Economy

When my red bar comes on I have exactly 1 gallon left. .

I'm close to the same. I usually put 2.9 gallons in after 10 miles or so of riding once the red bars flashes. I'm never near a gas station when it comes on. LOL. So there is almost always .8 gallons left.

I'm close to the same. I usually put 2.9 gallons in after 10 miles or so of riding once the red bars flashes. I'm never near a gas station when it comes on. LOL. So there is almost always .8 gallons left.

I need to start taking advantage of that extra gallon I keep leaving in the tank!

One Gallon is the "Threshold" where fuel gauge starts to trigger the "Low Fuel Warning". I filled up yesterday, at times it would flash and then go back to "2" bars. .9 Gallons (3.4 L) is where the "Low Fuel Warning" will be constantly "ON".
Yes I agree with that - 3.6 litres is when mine comes on and is probably permanently on at 3.4l - impressively consistent between bikes then.
(Don't agree with your definition of a gallon though :) )
Mike

If you want to record very high numbers one must simply hold the speed down. I have gotten over 90 mpg US twice and the key was riding a steady 45 or 50 mph. I had to stick to a route I had set out with few stops and kept rpms under 3500 when accelerating. This is hard to do for me as I like riding faster than that but once in awhile a high mileage effort is fun to attempt.

I have tracked mileage for about 9,000 miles now and my average is about 67 in all types of conditions.

I went for a ride with my wife as pillion on Friday, average speed around 120km/h, travelled 320km on the tank and put in 11.6l at the end of the trip. Fuel consumption for the trip 3.49l/100km.

My best tank was one of my first tanks... when I was breaking in the bike! (67 MPG, US). I was surprised only because MPG should go up as you get some miles on the bike. I guess I need to stop going 80 MPH every morning on my commute. Today when I filled up on the way to work I only got 63 MPG, US.

Then again, I only have about 5 fill-ups on my fuelly below to date.

My best tank was one of my first tanks... when I was breaking in the bike! (67 MPG, US). I was surprised only because MPG should go up as you get some miles on the bike. I guess I need to stop going 80 MPH every morning on my commute. Today when I filled up on the way to work I only got 63 MPG, US.

Then again, I only have about 5 fill-ups on my fuelly below to date.

Drop down to 60 mph and pick up about 10mpg!!.
My commute is. 60% highway and 40% stop and go,I'm a big guy with 3 Givi boxes and yesterdays full up showed 63.8 mpg.I try not to exceed 65 mph on the highway and keep it around 3,000. Rpm's around town.1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My avg is around 66 mpg but I am now trying to hyper-mile a bit on the bike to see what I can get. Just filled up today and got 79.2 mpg and that was about 80% of the time about 55mph and rest of it in the 60s up to 70 mph. Now that I just filled up today, going to see if I can hit 85 mpg and won't be going any faster than 60 mph.

Side note: My car according to the EPA is rated 31mpg city and 38mpg highway and last month I broke my best record in that with 49.3mpg. Love my Honda's and there 6 speeds.

Last tank -
195 miles
2.89 gl (filled on the side stand)
67.47 mpg
I'm riding "normally" for me. Switching gears between 4,000 - 4,500 rpm. In locally stop and go traffic.
I've found that 65+ mpg is normal for me in town. WAY better than my Suzuki Burgman 400.
I love this bike!

Are you on Fuelly? 97.5mpg on an NCX seems out of the norm, unless riding 35mph.

No I don't do that stuff.
That tank was riding through the hills and curves of the ozarks.
I went 78 miles and filled up with .8 of a gallon. We were doing 50mph and under the whole time.
The other guys I rode with also had exceptional mileage on their bikes.

No I don't do that stuff.
That tank was riding through the hills and curves of the ozarks.
I went 78 miles and filled up with .8 of a gallon. We were doing 50mph and under the whole time.
The other guys I rode with also had exceptional mileage on their bikes.

These bikes get crazy gas mileage when ridden at 45 to 50MPH. It's because of reduced wind drag. And yes all bikes will get good mileage at lower speeds. I sure am enjoying my DCT model.

Back