• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Back brake lever

Mandalorian

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got some 30mm vario footpegs to give my old knees a bit more room. Very nice, but I now have to raise my foot off the peg to operate the brake lever (shift lever is fine). Is there a simple way to lower the lever so I don't have to lift my foot?

Just got some 30mm vario footpegs to give my old knees a bit more room. Very nice, but I now have to raise my foot off the peg to operate the brake lever (shift lever is fine). Is there a simple way to lower the lever so I don't have to lift my foot?

From an earlier posting by Bamamate: Loosen the lock nut which is at the bottom and then adjust with the top nut. The threaded rod screws into the attachment on the pedal to lower it and screws out of it to raise the pedal. It doesn't screw into/out of the master cylinder assembly. It is on the end of the brake pedal that it screws in/out. Lots of adjustment room for lowering the pedal. Don't forget to adjust the brake light switch too.

I may have, MAY HAVE, seen on ADV Rider a post about someone with the new Africa Twin who welded a one inch or so tall vertical extension to the front of rear brake lever to make it easier to brake while the rider was standing on the pegs with his stiff riding boots on.

Hondabikepro did that. Welded an "L" bracket onto the pedal so can use the normal pedal while seated and the L bracket when standing. Tourtech sells add-on risers for various bikes but sadly not the NC.

Back