• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Back in the saddle - Austin TX

Pigs

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,

After 4+ years of not riding due to, well, Oklahoma. I've moved to Austin and can now enjoy riding again! This is my 4th bike and I just rode 3 hours on it back from Houston with no problems. It handled it like a champ even in 100+ weather. Hoping to be a part of the forum and contribute. I snagged a 2012 with only 1200 miles.

nc700x1.jpg

Welcome! There's quite a gaggle of us here in Central Texas now... think we're up to 4 or 5.

Add yourself to the Member Map!

trey

So we moved from Arkansas about 4 years ago, and basically Oklahoma City is flat, square and windy. It was no fun riding at all. So we sold our bikes and waited until we moved somewhere with some twists and turns.

So we moved from Arkansas about 4 years ago, and basically Oklahoma City is flat, square and windy. It was no fun riding at all. So we sold our bikes and waited until we moved somewhere with some twists and turns.

Ahh! I see. That makes sense. I rode across Oklahoma once. That was enough. They're not kidding in the song when they say, "Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain." :rolleyes:

Welcome, I'm also in Austin (well actually it's Leander). All us central Texans should organize a ride sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. The Austin area has some nice twisties for sure.

Any central Texans interested in going to the Roll the Bones Rally on Lake Whitney in October? I plan on going and would like to meet some fellow NC owners. I've never been but it looks fun.

Back