• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Barkbuster storm and brake reservoir

Mandalorian

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to Beemerphile for the throttle advice. I did the throttle thing easily. I'm wondering how to attach the bar to the handlebar on the throttle side . I've tried numerous geometric movement of the brackets but in order to have the handguard high enough to prove optimum wind deflection the brake reservoir is in the way. It can be moved out about 3/4 of an inch, would that do it? I 'm sure one of you clever guys out there have done it already.

I have the trackside,i just unbolted the reservoir enough to get the bracket in,then tighten it up.it sits a bit in front of glass but you can still see in it.but your bracket might be bigger im not sure,so this may not work for you.

Where I have mine positioned the aluminum bar is about 4-5mm above being on center with the lever, I wanted to keep it mostly on the same plane as the lever for good drop protection. I would say the wind coming off the top of the guard hits about my wrist if my hands are flat, with my wrists rotated down its coming off to my fore arm. I'm happy with the wind protection, but will be adding OEM heated grips no later than November 1st =)

From what I remember barkbuster updated the mounting clamps for the ncx just before I bought mine. The updated clamps fixed the problem of getting around the brake reservoir, while still getting a good mounting angle for wind protection.
I'll post pics of my mount in a bit

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Ok here are the pics, hope this helps

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377879517582.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377879517582.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 448
  • PegsWunderleich.jpg
    PegsWunderleich.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG_20130321_205407.jpg
    IMG_20130321_205407.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 490
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364032786158.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364032786158.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 464
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364032756936.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364032756936.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 391
Wow netizen, your hand guard mount is much different than mine and the guards are rotated much further up. I bet your wind protection is better like that, where mine are the wind hits the top of my wrist. Do you feel the lever is adequately protected in this position as well? Wondering if it would be worth the hassle to buy the updated mounting brackets..

Wow netizen, your hand guard mount is much different than mine and the guards are rotated much further up. I bet your wind protection is better like that, where mine are the wind hits the top of my wrist. Do you feel the lever is adequately protected in this position as well? Wondering if it would be worth the hassle to buy the updated mounting brackets..

These are the first Barkbuster type handguards I have used. They appear to be pretty adequate protection for the levers in a fall, but I am probably not the one to ask that question since I have not used these for long. I think I may need to rotate my levers UP a little for the optimum placement for ease of use, I just haven't gotten around to it. If I did that, they would be closer in line with the aluminum brackets and would be even more protected in a fall.

I bought my storms back in May or June I think. But it probably depends on where you bought yours if you got the updated brackets or not. Twisted Throttle was selling a bunch of them and refreshing their stock regularly so I was fortunate to get the updated brackets pretty soon after they started putting them in with their newer sets of storm handguards.

Netizen, Did you use the provided bar ends by removing the OEM hardware or did you keep the stock bar ends and just install the Barkbusters from that point? I was trying to figure this out from your posted pictures. Also, based on your photos, it appears that your Barkbusters are mounted in an upward angle? Is that maybe due to the angle from which the image was taken?

Last edited:
Netizen, Did you use the provided bar ends by removing the OEM hardware or did you keep the stock bar ends and just install the Barkbusters from that point? I was trying to figure this out from your posted pictures. Also, based on your photos, it appears that your Barkbusters are mounted in an upward angle? Is that maybe due to the angle from which the image was taken?

Yes, I did not use the barkbuster bar ends or even remove the weights. I think they are slightly angled up. But the brackets form a v shape on the ends so it's hard to tell.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Back