• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Baseball game- NC goes downtown.

anglachel

Reaction score
Visit site
Took the NC downtown for the first time yesterday... normally just ride through on the highway, and I rarely find that I have a need to be downtown... when I do I usually let me wife drive, since she has a parking permit for the lot at her employer.

Thursday my team at work had a team building day, where we all went and watched a twins game at target field... game started at 12:10pm.

I left work at 11am so I could go home, drop off my bag, get some food, and then head to downtown (Google maps put the trip at 30 minutes.)
Rode in, got stuck in traffic trying to get into the parking ramp by target field... of course had people stayed in their lane I could have (illegally) zipped past all of them in the bicycle lane, and made the left I need, but they choose to block the bicycle lane, so I waited maybe 5-10 minutes to get to the intersection where I got to turn away from all those chumps and head to the motorcycle parking in the same ramp.
$5 for parking, and a half a block walk and I was at the stadium, headed over to the main gate where one of my co-workers said he'd be, at 11:50, with tickets for those who didn't already get them from him earlier (I already had mine) he wasn't there, but it was 12:05, so I headed in... took a while to get through security, and I really wished I had some luggage on the bike to store the jacket at this point... found our section up in the nose bleeds, no one was there from work... found my seat it was probably 12:10-12:15 the game had already started.

at around 12:30 I started to poke through my phone looking for co-workers numbers to see if I was given the only nose bleed seat while the rest of them were some where down behind home plate... one of my co-workers showed up before I found any numbers to call. Apparently traffic was abysmal and parking was worse, he ended up parking maybe a half mile away.. another co-worker showed up, she parked almost as far away, a third made it, no idea where she parked, my boss came in second to last, he had to try two ramps before he found a spot, and he paid $13 to park (he ended up in the same ramp I did).

All and all, pulling into town on the NC apparently saved me a lot of time in traffic, some time looking for parking or walking in, and some money on parking.

only down side was feeling warm walking in wearing the motorcycle jacket.

I left at the bottom of the 8th inning to avoid the rush to get out of the stadium, the parking ramp, and downtown. Made it home very quickly... didn't get to use any carpool lanes though.

I understand completely. There is nothing Nana Chou likes better than going downtown, and me taking her out to the ball park. I believe she prefers popcorn and peanuts over gasoline.

Astros.jpg

I understand completely. There is nothing Nana Chou likes better than going downtown, and me taking her out to the ball park. I believe she prefers popcorn and peanuts over gasoline.

View attachment 17816

I as super excited about my parking spot just around the corner and a half block down... but now I'm feeling like a chump seeing Nana Chou parked right out front of a field.

;)

Nana Chou's home plate parking is year round, whether the team is at home or on the road. See the signs - "No Parking". The technical interpretation is "Reserved Parking for Nana Chou". Nana Chou knows to park dead center between those signs, Plain and simple!

Last edited:
Now try to remember. Did the cop say he was a sucker for a good looking lady or did he say "This Sucks" when he found himself pinned underneath her needing help to get out?

"This sucks" is what every fellow says when his lady leaves or divorces him. Just common simple separation pain!

"This sucks" is what every fellow says when his lady leaves or divorces him. Just common simple separation pain!

There is an exception.

She never cried when Old Yeller died
So do you think I'll cry when she's gone
[video=youtube;3eAEAGxC6H4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eAEAGxC6H4[/video]

Back