• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Belt drive anyone?

motocommuter

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone else wish this bike came with a belt drive. All the accessories I have added, have made this bike almost exactly what I want. If Honda wanted to introduce a cheap low maintenance bike, I don't get why they didn't go belt drive. Hopefully the aftermarket isn't far behind. Okay, done complaining now. Time to go lube the stupid chain.

I haven't felt the chain drive to be that much of a problem. If I were to choose an alternative I would go all the way to shaft drive, but then the bike would cost more. I'm willing to live with a little chain maintenance for the price I paid for the NC.

No real problem with chains unless like me you are using the bike to commute all year round and work shifts. Ideally you should at least lube your chain after a wet ride but just try convinceing yourself to do so after working a 12 hour shift then arriving home around o2;30 on a cold/wet winters night. I aint going to happen.

yer ever seen what happens to a belt drive BMW F650 if it goes anywhere near mud / water or wet gravel road...
the belt being so wide it collects all sorts of crap.. small stones/dust turns into adbrasive paste.. they are
bad enough when dry... belts ok for sealed roads only...

Well since they decided to go with the chain, they could have at least put a center stand on to make it relatively easy to do maintenance...sheesh...

Well since they decided to go with the chain, they could have at least put a center stand on to make it relatively easy to do maintenance...sheesh...

I agree. The center stand was the first thing I added to my NC. So, in essence, I need to add that to the price I paid for the bike. I don't consider it an accessory, I consider it a necessary!

Back