• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Big Hello from Manitoba

Don

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys n gals!

I upgraded from a 2008 Burgman 400 to a 2014 NC750X. Quite a change and I have to say it's the Frunk that one me over to the NCX and really made interested in this bike. I've put on over 4000 km in roughly 6 weeks, so needless to say I've been enjoying the new ride. I am now at the point where the rear wheel is worn right into the wear bar in spots and have inquired with my Honda dealer if Honda will warranty the tire. They have said that Honda will NOT warranty the tire but waiting for Monday when they will indicate what they WILL do.

I've been getting some info from this site regarding my new bike and thought I should join the forum to better utilize the information that is available here on your site and become part of the community as I was on the Burgman Forum.

The Shad top box, cramp buster throttle control, Get Seat pad, Pro Genisis Tank Bag and the Go Cruise Throttle lock are the only additions I've added so far. I still want to get a fenda extenda and maybe a tire hugger and possible upgrade the seat. :)

I don't know if it shows up very well in the photo, but I also I carved down the original Burgman wind screen to fit on the NC and also installed the blade thingy, which I had on the Burgman onto it. It helps but still not happy with how soon I get bugs splatting onto my helmet. :)

Cheers!

20778438853_3e3a43c598_b.jpg

21389663772_1f82cfc856_b.jpg

21213635519_c2d25aab4a_b.jpg

Photos taken near the town of Seven Sisters Falls Manitoba

Last edited:
Hey Don, I also came off a 2008 Burgman 400. Small world, eh?

The NC gets better mpg than the Burgy. The scooter had better wind protection. If the scooter had taller wheels, I might have kept it longer but am glad I got the NC!

Welcome from Louisiana!

Welcome to a world of fun.

Not sure how you mounted your screen. If you reused the stock screen mounting hardware it may not be strong enough for the taller screen. Get some nut plates from HondaBikePro to strengthen the mount. Low cost simple strengthening of the mount.

Hello and welcome. Great forum here. Did you buy you bike from Gerald at WSL? I wore my tire off at at 3500 kms and also asked about a free replacement with no luck. I'm not sure how some here have got a replacement under warranty but I was told "we'll look into it" and nothing happened.

Hey Ruggy :)
I bought it at West Side Honda in Selkirk. Sales Lady was Kerri. They are trying to get warranty or some kind of action from Honda. So far no go, they mentioned Honda was giving them a run around but still trying to get a final word.

Don

Hey Fuzzy
So far I am just relying on the original mounts. I read about some using the nut plates ... while others mentioned maybe the ones that had problems weren't seated. So I figuered I will have to keep an eye on them and see how they do. No problem so far.

Don

Hey Don, I also came off a 2008 Burgman 400. Small world, eh?

The NC gets better mpg than the Burgy. The scooter had better wind protection. If the scooter had taller wheels, I might have kept it longer but am glad I got the NC!

Welcome from Louisiana!

Hi Itlives :)
The Burg was not all bad. I do miss some things about it. The ease of operation ... i.e. roll throttle and just drive.
I have to chuckle about some of the things I brought home on that thing, Like 4 bags of groceries and still room for the rain suit. One time I went to the city and brought home a 16" drum head. (It actually fit in the under the seat storage). Before I got the top box on the NC750 I one time had to stuff several bags of chips in my jacket to bring em all home when I got a few things including one of those halloweens boxes of small chip bags. I though for a bit I might have to go around the parking lot handing out bags of chips that did fit even after splitting up the box to fill all the cracks n crany's.

The NC handles the wind and gravel roads soooo much better though. The extra power, the challenge of trying to master that perfect smooth almost undetectable shift. The ease that it handles the faster highway speed. Listening to 2nd gear wind up and of course the extra leg room and how its eats the horrible sort of paved road I live on.

Don

Hey Ruggy :)
I bought it at West Side Honda in Selkirk. Sales Lady was Kerri. They are trying to get warranty or some kind of action from Honda. So far no go, they mentioned Honda was giving them a run around but still trying to get a final word.

Don

Hey Don, I was just going to ask you how are you making out with the recalls. I called WSL today to schedule the recalls and was told that the instrument cluster recalled wasn't available because there was no parts available. The starter relay recall would require the bike stay at the dealership after they removed the relay then ordered the parts. Could be without the bike for a week.

Maybe I'll try your dealership.

Hey Don, I was just going to ask you how are you making out with the recalls. I called WSL today to schedule the recalls and was told that the instrument cluster recalled wasn't available because there was no parts available. The starter relay recall would require the bike stay at the dealership after they removed the relay then ordered the parts. Could be without the bike for a week.

Maybe I'll try your dealership.

They managed to do my relay recall the same day I purchased my bike.
Always best to call ahead as they don't necessarily stock the parts. I guess I was lucky.
I'm not sure about the cluster recall. I'll have to ask about that one.
Still waiting on the rear tire warranty request results.

Don

Back