• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bird Strikes

That is why I highly recommend Polycarbonate windshields. I have hit a turkey. Acrylic shatters like glass.

[video=youtube;Hsls5ZPCUnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsls5ZPCUnE[/video]

I've had a few near miss's also a few rabbits spread out right on my line of turn.
aaaah ya little buggers no place to sunbath in the middle of the road.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize the acrylic shattered like that. Maybe I should get a different screen, I really don't like the puig because the hand guards hit the screen and I cannot lock the handlebar. How did the turkey fair and you for that matter?

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize the acrylic shattered like that. Maybe I should get a different screen, I really don't like the puig because the hand guards hit the screen and I cannot lock the handlebar. How did the turkey fair and you for that matter?

I was going to Arkansas, and was in Oklahoma near the Arkansas border when I hit the turkey. Three turkeys flew across the roadway, I hit the last one. Blood and guts everywhere. My windshield was scratched by the turkey's claws. Better my windshield than my face.

As for your handbars hitting your windshield, as set of ROX RISERS will solve that problem, and make your NC7 more comfortable to ride.

Had two tha hit my windshield and one that hit my helmet. The one on the helmet felt like someone had hit me when I wasn't looking, almost fell off the bike.

I haven't struck a bird on a bike yet but have had several very close calls from vultures, hawks and doves. Turkeys are plentiful here in East TN and about as dumb as a moose. Day and night you have to be aware of deer, opposums, skunks and groundhogs. I don't do a lot of night riding because of that.

Have had some very close calls with vultures, hawks and doves. No hits as yet. Also deer and turkeys (turkeys are about as dumb as moose). Riding at night here in East TN issues are deer, opposums, skunks, raccoons, and groundhogs. So I don't do a lot of night riding.

Back