• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Brand new 2014 x here with front tire roar

Gusable

Reaction score
Visit site
Brand new 14 700x here with a tire type wheel bearing sounding roar from front end. 60 miles on bike. Done it since I picked it up new. Normal?

Push your ear plugs closer together. The shape of the front bodywork (beak, radiator, etc.) has a tendency to funnel sound up the fork legs.

I have had the noise from the moment I started driving mine (new in January) and it was there with the 2nd tire I put on a couple months ago (9.2k miles so far).

I remember being fascinated by a few threads I saw here years ago, where the owners were having such a problem from front end roaring noise that they either sold the bike, or were planning on selling.

Mine made the loudest howling from the front tire (mine came with the Metzeler Z8's) on any bike I've ever owned, but curiously enough *only* when braking. It was quiet as a whisper when just riding along, and made zero roaring noise as far as the funneling effect.

I can provoke a bit of a mild bzzzzzzzz out of my front TKC knobby tire, but I have to be pretty aggressive on the brake for that.

Enjoy your bike Gusable, I'm sure any noise is only a new tire away, or will fade once more miles get put on it. :D

Back