• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

break in oil question

Status
Not open for further replies.

okie72

Reaction score
Visit site
I have recently acquired a 2014 honda nc700x with 319 miles still has the break in oil in the bike. Is it ok to run the bike to the recommended 600 mile change? or should I change it now. I have no Honda dealer here is there some off the shelf oil at walmart that would work well in the bike. Cant find much oil info on the site.

The owner's manual recommends changing oil yearly, so I'd replace. I don't think the NC uses a special 'break in oil' so just "RECOMMENDED ENGINE OIL: an equivalent API classification: SG or higher (except oils labeled as energy conserving on the circular API service label) Viscosity: SAE 10W-30 JASO T 903 standard: MA" is fine.

What HarveyM said is good advice.

Also, the Honda NC700X service manual states that in addition to 10W-30, 10W-40 is also acceptable. As for your question about Walmart, some Walmart stores sell Valvoline 10W-40 Motorcycle oil that meets Honda recommendations. The rest of the automotive and Diesel engine oils at Walmart will likely not meet Honda recommendations. Another option for you is to order Honda GN4 10W-30 Motorcycle oil on-line and have it shipped to your door.

It’s cut and dry, either the oil meets the specs shown in the Honda manual, or you’re going off on your own, and we’re not going down that road in this thread because it would go on forever.

Last edited:
(deleted)

At the risk of tuning this into an endless oil thread fight I'll offer up an opinion.

(deleted)

Last edited by a moderator:

At the risk of tuning this into an endless oil thread fight I'll offer up an opinion.

But you see, that’s exactly how it starts. You offer your opinion, then the next guy, then the next guy disagrees with the first, etc, etc, etc.

Sorry, thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back