• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information Cam chain tensioner opinion please

Wedders

Reaction score
Visit site
I have read on Facebook that the nc can have a cam chain tensioner problem, specifically cracking or breaking. I have an unidentified rattle and obviously thinking this may be my problem.
Have you had this problem and is it a common issue? Winter is coming maybe time for investigation.
My bike is a 2016 with 20,000mls.

I have read on Facebook that the nc can have a cam chain tensioner problem, specifically cracking or breaking. I have an unidentified rattle and obviously thinking this may be my problem.
Have you had this problem and is it a common issue? Winter is coming maybe time for investigation.
2018 with 19,000 miles. No issues and haven’t heard about it here either. Is it supposed to be across all NCs or specific years?

Do a search here, but in 11 years on this forum I can only recall a couple chain tensioner incidents. It seems to be an extremely rare problem, and they were in the distant past and not nowadays.

I wear good ear plugs when I ride. That solves any rattle or strange noise problems.

If you have a valve clearance check coming up you could check it with that. The tensioner does have a service limit. I forgot to check the tensioner last time I did the valve clearance but I was not worried enough about it to take it apart again.

I've heard about this before and I thought I had the same problem but I read here in the forum that a little knock the sound can come from the chain so I swung the chain 180° and tapping it disappearedNC2013 57000km.

Back