• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Center stand stop?

tusken_guy

Reaction score
Visit site
The factory exhaust has a center stand stop built in but the aftermarket exhausts don't. What is everyone using for a stop on their center stands so they don't hit the frame?

The factory exhaust has a center stand stop built in but the aftermarket exhausts don't. What is everyone using for a stop on their center stands so they don't hit the frame?
The LeoVince and the IXIL after market exhausts both have metal center stand stops and rubber grommets for cushioning built onto the canisters. So there is no problem with the center stand hitting the canister or the frame. Better do a thorough investigation before making a purchase

That looks like a bad design with steel clashing into steel. No rubber cushion at all. Maybe it's just the picture and the nut isn't slamming into the center stand arm.

The design without any cushion is quite poor. I attached a piece of rubber and now it's much improved.

My crude duplication of the WeBike stopper design has no rubber baby buggy bumper, and I can't say I've noticed any particular angst with it's assigned task. My bike has enough ground in mud, tree branch scratches, rock dings, gouges, and general battle scars on it, to make it probably number 1001, out of the 1000 things I would worry about, though lol.

Here is how I did mine:

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/4158-danmoto-xg-1-twin-pipe-exhaust-4.html#post66492

9028d1381493418-danmoto-xg-1-twin-pipe-exhaust-closeup2.jpg

9029d1381493603-danmoto-xg-1-twin-pipe-exhaust-metoo.jpg

Back