• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Center stand woes.

T S N

Reaction score
Visit site
While moving both bikes tonight, I noticed the NC is much harder to get
Up on the stand than my 675 LB PC 800.
NC stand on lever, and lift hard.
PC 800, goes up on the stand before I get all my weight on it.
I guess Honda forgot how to design a center stand that works good.

Do you guys put it on center stand when sitting on it, or get off first? I've had other bikes that were easier than the NC to just rock back while sitting and pop it up.

I swear my 1200GS Adv goes up on the stand easier than the NC. Just stand on the lever and it goes up nice and smooth. Sidenote... when packed for a trip the GS balances on the center stand, both wheels off the ground :cool:

When the OP mentioned "lifting", my interest was piqued. So, I went out and tried mine just now. I can put my NC on the center stand with only two fingers under the grab handle. (I'm no superman, just a 165 pound average strength guy). It's all about standing down on the stand to use it as a lever, while moving/guiding the bike back with the grip. There should be little lifting involved.

I wouldn't argue whether the NC is harder than the PC800 or not, but technique plays a big role. I do also have a GL1800, and I have to admit the NC and the GL aren't terribly different in the amount of effort needed.

The NC is more difficult to get on the main stand than a 500# bike should be. The PC800 is easier.
I used a 2 tier 1/2" plywood ramp to hoist my 740# ST13 to its' main stand. I'm going to build the same for my NC.

When the OP mentioned "lifting", my interest was piqued. So, I went out and tried mine just now. I can put my NC on the center stand with only two fingers under the grab handle. (I'm no superman, just a 165 pound average strength guy). It's all about standing down on the stand to use it as a lever, while moving/guiding the bike back with the grip. There should be little lifting involved.

I wouldn't argue whether the NC is harder than the PC800 or not, but technique plays a big role. I do also have a GL1800, and I have to admit the NC and the GL aren't terribly different in the amount of effort needed.

I would have to agree with 670cc. It's all in technique. I've owned 50 bikes in the past 15 years and 99% of getting a bike onto it's service stand is all in how you do it. The same goes for righting a bike that has fallen over.

MMMmmm... I thought the NC would be easier to put up on the center-stand than it is. But, I've had a bike or two that were more difficult.
My technique is to put my left foot on the stand pedal while holding the rear grab rail and handlebar, gently lower the stand to the floor, than put all my weight on the left foot (still on the pedal) bend my knee like I'm going to hop, and force all my 170lb weight plus body momentum down while at the same time using slight upward pressure (lift) on the grab rail while rolling the bike back all at the same time. Pops right up. My 2 pennies...

Rear ride height plays a major factor in how easily a bike pops up on the CS. My NC glides up easily with just foot pressure and so does my ST1300 and CB500. The Triumph 800 not so much. The Hondas are all raised in the rear where the Tiger is stock.

KEB

Back