• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Chain guard/hugger option?

broma345

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
Has anyone looked at using an OEM Honda 2011-2017 cbr250r or cbr300r chain guard / hugger on an NC (part #40510-KYJ-900) ? I haven't looked closely at the CBR fitment points, but looks similar in setup to an NC.
Thanks!
Mark

I put a CBR250 hugger on my CB500X.........fit like a glove. I believe I looked at putting one on the NC700X but the mtg points are different....so I bought a Puig Hugger. I can re-verify tonight and post up a confirmation. Stay tuned.........

017.jpg

The power bronze hugger is a good option for the nc. I'm not sure what your expectations are but they do nothing but look cool if you don't modify them. I added a piece of rubber to the front to extend it below the swing arm to protect the shock and a duck bill on the back which works well to keep water off myself and my gear when raining. If your after the cool look you won't like the duck bill.
Cheers!

The duck bill looks great and functional. Most huggers are too short to do any good. All the dirt and sand just sprays up, bounces off the fender, and ends up covering the top of the hugger.

I can confirm, the CBR250 Hugger will NOT fit the NC700X........mounting holes are approximately 15" apart, the NC700's are 12".

Moto-Kafe, thanks for checking and confirming, would have been too good to be true i suppose;). To 670cc and summitx, i agree, huggers should be functional, that is what i am looking for, but also one that doesn't break the bank! I might take a look at that power bronze one. Thanks all!

I like my Skidmarx hugger, but it can still be improved with the duck bill at the rear and something else at the front.

Installed: link
Prep: link

May want to add an extender to my Skidmarx hugger (thanks 670cc) to help with spray. I do love the way they look, too. Just got one for my front fender off ebay and may see if it'll be the right size to fit the hugger and buy another one. $24 shipped. Or just go the plastic trash can route and cut to fit. That would work just fine, I'm sure.

Back