• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Chopping sidestand

soggybottom

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I used 1.5" lowering links, the sidestand doen't work to bad but I do want to lower it. I already cut it but if anybody has done this with any bike there must be a formula as to how much to chop off the center stand. I'm pretty sure chopping 1.5" would be too much, I'm thinking 1/2'. Any advise? I can just nibble a 1/2 or 1/4 at a time, I made an inside sleeve to firmly weld to so before welding I can mount and test.

I used 1.5" lowering links, the sidestand doen't work to bad but I do want to lower it. I already cut it but if anybody has done this with any bike there must be a formula as to how much to chop off the center stand. I'm pretty sure chopping 1.5" would be too much, I'm thinking 1/2'. Any advise? I can just nibble a 1/2 or 1/4 at a time, I made an inside sleeve to firmly weld to so before welding I can mount and test.

Not sure if you're mixing the stands up here or not. I think the general consensus is that if you're lowering, order the NC700S center stand as it'll be lower and need no (or much less) modification.

I can't help you with how much to chop the stand, but i will advise to dis-connect the battery cable prior to welding the stand if you leave it on the bike. You could damage the ECM/PCM (engine control computer) or just remove the stand from the bike prior to welding.

We measured from the fender tip to the ground before installing the Soupy's Adjustable link. Then, adjusted the rear down 1.5". Lowered the front the same 1.5" at the forks. Removed and cut 1.5" off the side stand and found bike was too upright with the handlebars locked full to the left. And would not stand up with the bars locked full right, so we had to cut another 1" off the side stand. Now, it is perfect.

The S stand is not an option in the US. The soupy stand is over $100, not worth it. I'll cut down the stock stand for no cost, a stock replacement is $50. You can't properly cut and weld the stand without removing it from the bike so disconecting the battery is not necessary.

I'm using Lust Racing links, high quality from UK, they say it will lower 1.6 inch. I did use the bike with stock stand and it did not work bad but could be a problem in certain cases. Tomorrow I'll have time to try it at 3/4 inch off. I think a lower stand will also make it easier to throw my leg over.

I can't help you with how much to chop the stand, but i will advise to dis-connect the battery cable prior to welding the stand if you leave it on the bike. You could damage the ECM/PCM (engine control computer) or just remove the stand from the bike prior to welding.

make sure when ever you disconnect the battery, that you start the bike without touching the throttle at all, you can upset the ecm-pcm it is getting new data after the battery was disconnected. try not to touch throttle for a few minutes. dale

I agree Soupy's side stand is pricey, but combined with Soupy's adjustable link, you have the flexibility to adjust both rear suspension height and center stand - definitely a new feature added to the NC700X.

Back