• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Contacted Sargent seats

Gee Seabee, thanks a bunch. I thought you Navy guys were the ones that believed loose lips sink ships :) .
The seat is on the bike, but Sargent wants me to put some miles on it and then give them some feedback before posting up the pics and information.
Due to some record cold this morning ( and the sad fact that I'm a world class Wuss), I drove up in the car to get the seat done. Haven't had a chance to evaluate it yet and I really don't know what Sargents plans are.
The bottom line is they asked me to not post up details on the seat until I get enough miles on it to break it in, provide them with feedback, and, if needed, get any fine tuning tweaks completed. The folks at Sargent really impressed me with their efforts to build the best seat possible for this bike, and I think they want to make sure it is fully sorted out before details are released.

Bob

Gee Seabee, thanks a bunch. I thought you Navy guys were the ones that believed loose lips sink ships :) .
The seat is on the bike, but Sargent wants me to put some miles on it and then give them some feedback before posting up the pics and information.
Due to some record cold this morning ( and the sad fact that I'm a world class Wuss), I drove up in the car to get the seat done. Haven't had a chance to evaluate it yet and I really don't know what Sargents plans are.
The bottom line is they asked me to not post up details on the seat until I get enough miles on it to break it in, provide them with feedback, and, if needed, get any fine tuning tweaks completed. The folks at Sargent really impressed me with their efforts to build the best seat possible for this bike, and I think they want to make sure it is fully sorted out before details are released.

Bob

I was a good boy Bob. I never told them who it was that was going to Sargent.

Attachments

• someone-talked.jpg
    someone-talked.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
I missed him .... he was already here and gone by the time I stopped by Sargent.

Sorry I missed you. I left about 12:45 or so. Sounds like I had just left a few minutes before you got there. Paul told me about the Mexican restaurant, but I ended up going further North for lunch. I'm going to try to make it back up there fairly soon to let the Sargent folks check out the seat on the bike. If I'm able to head that way, I'll PM you first to see if we can meet up.

Bob

I honestly think it would be in Sargents best interest to make a seat for the NCX, and that is why I sent a email to them, even though I intend on buying a RDL seat.
Anyone that thinks I did the wrong in this is ok with me.
I truly think anyone that makes a quality product for this bike will be better off in the long run.
If I didn't, I wouldn't have bought the NC in the first place.
By the time I save enough money for a seat, I may change my mind and get a Sargent anyway.
If Sargent is reading this post, I believe the NCX will be the Super touring KLR of the future. (With added Mods)
Russell has the reputation because of their quality. If Sargent makes a seat that is as good or better, they will sell a ton of them in the next twenty years.
How long has the KLR been selling? And There still selling!

Back