• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

conti motion front mounted in reverse

I have always mounted my own tires, but that was wire spoke dirt bikes. Wanted pros to do this and paid ~$70 for them to do it (brought the bike in, not just the wheels and paid extra ). 670c is right - I shoulda caught it earlier. I was willing to buy the tires from them, but woulda been another $50+. Kinda sours me on bike shops...

Gentlemen - I gotta report this to you:

Went to the shop today - Big Rock Powersports (bikes, boats, PWCs, 4-wheelers) in New Bern, NC. Met with Lance, the owner's son and Service Manager.
He remembered me.
I told him what had happened - tire is backwards. Coyly reminded him of the misalignment of the rear. Also reminded him he couldn't get close to the price, so I brought the tires in.
Told him Continental says mounting backwards is a no-no and industry consensus is that reversing a radial once 'set' is ill advised.
Showed him the funky wear pattern. Admitted the tire has 2000 miles on it now, but I just discovered it.
Without hesitation he said he would fix it including a new tire. I'll go back next week once received.
The tech that did the work is no longer there.
He made a loyal customer today - THAT is the way to address your mistakes!!
PS - I asked to see the new Africa Twin. He said there's a line to see one!!
PPS - he has a silver 2015? NC700X on the floor (same one as last September) for $7300 (I am sure negotiable now). These bikes are not popular in some regions, are they?
Jimbo in NC

Tell your dealer that there will be a lot of impressed folks out here that think he is doing a very good thing for the industry image :)

Congrats on the positive outcome!

My Acura radials actually criss-cross rotate

It is pretty settled that it doesn't matter any more with cars. My remaining question is whether cars and motorcycles are different in this regard. What is done with cars does not always cross over to motorcycles. One example being the guidance to orient the overlap with respect to front or rear location. This is something that has never mattered with cars.

Tire replaced.
All seems better now; handling improved (I think due to the uneven wear on the reversed tire).
Shop took good care of me.
Sat on a Yamaha FZ-07. Nice. I can see this or the MT becoming a nice street-oriented Adventure bike like the NC700X - lighter by 70#, 25 more HP, revs like a motorcycle, etc.

Back