• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Continental TKC 70 in NC700X Sizes

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good news! According to the the Continental website the TKC 70 is available in 127/70-17 ad 160/60-17 sizes!!! The bad news is the only place I can find them instock is in Germany. Bummer! :(

I wonder how much shipping on a pair of tires from Germany would cost?

Thanks

I thought the Shinkos were kind of weak on wet pavement especially. So, are they REALLY just as good? Depends on what qualities one is looking for in a tire I guess. The TKC 70 rear is supposedly a pretty good pavement tire... though I've read a lot of complaints about the front tire, and a world touring guy told me the rear wears a LOT faster than the Mitas E-07 and doesn't really have any advantages over the Mitas. This time around I tried the Avon Trailrider as a tire that could excel on pavement and still not suck when you get off it. Got to say I think it's way nicer than the Shinko, though whether the price difference justifies that is yet to be determined by how long it will last in the same mix of pavement and non-pavement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently on my second set of a TKC-80 on the front 120/70-17 and a Mitas E-07 on the rear 150/70. It is a great combo and both sets have lasted 8,000 miles (front and rear)

But running mis-matched tires makes my brain itch a little and I wouldn't mind a 160/60-17 on the rear to lower the seat height a smidgen.

belrix

Living in New Mexico, I don't see much wet pavement, but when I do the 705 Shinkos rock IMHO. Planning on replacing the rear this spring or fall depending on the wear. Have a 2012 on its third chain and a 15 tooth front countershaft ring at 29k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back