• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Confused about tire sizes

motomushu

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a 2023 NC750X and I'm absolutely loving it. However, I picked up a screw in the back tire. Lucky for me, I was really looking forward to putting some more aggressive offroad tires on this thing. I really want the TKC70 rocks tires, but the available sizes don't match. Stock sizes are:

Front: 120/70 17
Rear: 160/60 17

Available sizes of TKC 70 Rocks tires:

Front: 130/80 17
Rear: 150/70 17 or 170/60 17

Will any of these tires fit the stock rims? For the front, should I be concerned about the size difference? For the rear, can I use either one of those, or is one better than the other? Any advice on this would be appreciated, thanks everyone!

It might be of interest to look at Mudtrack's recent post (Monday) where he shares that he got TKC tires for his NC:

TKC80 Front, stock size
TKC70 Rocks rear,
Really, really happy with the tires. Great in all conditions and absolutely needed in the mud.

He might be able to share specifics as to the tire sizes that he purchased.

I just got a 2023 NC750X and I'm absolutely loving it. However, I picked up a screw in the back tire. Lucky for me, I was really looking forward to putting some more aggressive offroad tires on this thing. I really want the TKC70 rocks tires, but the available sizes don't match. Stock sizes are:

Front: 120/70 17
Rear: 160/60 17

Available sizes of TKC 70 Rocks tires:

Front: 130/80 17
Rear: 150/70 17 or 170/60 17

Will any of these tires fit the stock rims? For the front, should I be concerned about the size difference? For the rear, can I use either one of those, or is one better than the other? Any advice on this would be appreciated, thanks everyone!
The TKC70 Rocks are for the rear only. The 150/70 17 works fine in the rear of the NC750. Continental suggests either the TKC70 (not rocks) front, or the TKC80 front in the 120/70 size.
Our bike is the DCT. No issues at all with the 150/70 in the rear. We assume the speedometer is off a little now because the 150/70 is larger diameter by a little. No biggie.

Thanks everyone! Yes, mine is a DCT, I really appreciate the advice guys
We would have mounted TKC80 front and rear for our muddy road, but the expected mileage is greater with the TKC70 Rocks rear.
I have a V-Strom 650 with TKC80 front that has over 6,500 miles. If I were to be taking a long trip this year I would certainly change it, but it may serve for the summer on that bike and change before 2024 riding season. No way would a TKC80 rear last that long. Thus, the TKC70 Rocks rear for the NC750 for a wee bit more life expectancy.
(That V-Strom 650 has the same mileage on a MotOz Tractionator GPS. It looks a little flattened off in the middle, but will also last for the summer expected low miles.)

That's good info mudtrack, thanks man! I think I'm gonna go with the TKC70 Rocks on the rear and the TKC80 on the front. I'm secretly glad this screw ruined my stock tire :)

You will not be disappointed. You may sense the front knobby vibrations Under 5 mph, but the TKC80 gets easy smooth over that. If you do not have aspirations of extreme high speed corners, you will be happy. Especially if you need that occasional slippery non paved area traction that my wife and I encounter. Our mud road would be impassable with highway tires.
Also, as with any tire, relax on steel grating bridges. All tires may feel a little odd on steel grating bridges, and our TKC80 tires may seem to wander a bit. Just trust them and keep a normal speed. Keep the grip loose and believe that your NC750X will follow a straight path on its own. Use the force, Luke!

Last edited:
Back