• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Coolant Consumption 2012 NC700X 46K miles

mrbios

Reaction score
Visit site
Coolant Consumption 2012 NC700X 46K miles....

I bought this bike from the original owner in 2019 @ 33K miles. At some point around 35K miles? I noticed the reservoir was low and I filled it up. Last time I checked it was 2 years ago when I had to replace a damaged radiator hose at that time the reservoir was low @39K miles. This time the reservoir was empty and the radiator was low about 1 inch from the top. I added a total of about 12 oz of coolant between the radiator and reservoir.

Anyone else experience any coolant consumption?

Have not experienced this issue on this model. On a former KTM a similar issue occurred which was caused by a faulty rad cap return valve. Is there any sign of coolant overflow from the reservoir ?

My '12 (mine since new) lost coolant very slowly some years back. It never lost quickly, and I never found any evidence of coolant in oil analysis. Nevertheless, I eventually replaced the radiator cap. That fixed it.

Something similar happened with mine and was one of the hose clamps that was loose, just got it tighter and problem solved.

Back