• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Corbin Seats?

I went for a 3 hour ride today and I remembered this thread. If I'm going to make the NC my main method of transport I'm going to have to do something about that stock seat. Anyone have any luck with airhawk or other pads?

I swear by the Airhawk R. They are made by ROHO who makes medical grade seat pads for wheel chairs so they have put serious R&D into the design. Without it I would likely not been able to ride for years due to medical problems.

21981-tent-camping-motorcycle-airhwk-jpg

"How many of them have you owned to have the information to call all of their customers fools?"

None, because I'm not that stupid to pay that kind of money for a seat. Nice to see your reputation for being a dick is coming to be true again. How long was it this time?

insulting folks will get you no where.
if you can't be civilized with your post then it might be best if YOU leave .
we don't need to call each other names,we're all old enough to know better.

air hawk seat doesn't suit everybody I have one.
so far it does not do what it say on the can not for me anyway.
I still get numb bum on longer rides.
maybe its something I'll have to live with..

insulting folks will get you no where.
if you can't be civilized with your post then it might be best if YOU leave .
we don't need to call each other names,we're all old enough to know better.

"If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership"

Irony?

So far I have tried stock, stock with a lift, stock with a bead rider, stock with an air hawk, sargents, and I have settled on a corbin with front lift (for now.) I wouldn't hesitate to buy a russell if I knew it would work. I have been motorcycling for over 42 years and I have bought a large number of corbins, sargents and other modded saddles. I know this much. No matter how expensive or good looking, you never know how a saddle will perform until you mount it and ride on it. Sometimes you do just have to roll the dice.

don't want to spend $600 to make your $6000 bike comfortable? Fine, ride around in pain. For me life is too short...

Last edited:
Note!

Please stop with the personal stuff. It is not going to be tolerated. Stop fanning the flames. If you have something to say unrelated to the actual topic, take it to a PM, have a civilized argument in the Bar, or just log off if you cannot stand it.

This is the General NC700 motorcycle Forum. Talk about them.

So far I have tried stock, stock with a lift, stock with a bead rider, stock with an air hawk, sargents, and I have settled on a corbin with front lift (for now.) I wouldn't hesitate to buy a russell if I knew it would work. I have been motorcycling for over 42 years and I have bought a large number of corbins, sargents and other modded saddles. I know this much. No matter how expensive or good looking, you never know how a saddle will perform until you mount it and ride on it. SOmetimes you do just have to roll the dice.

don't want to spend $600 to make your $6000 bike comfortable? Fine, ride around in pain. For me life is too short...

Yeah you're actually right.

So many nice things to see and buy and so little time and money!

By the time you buy a Shad, Seat Concepts, and Sargent only to find that none work for you, the Russell might be about the same price as those three. I don't have a Russell, but I can see how this can happen.
Yes. I think that's the path I'm on. It will only take a year or so to save up....

Strat, you have demonstrated that you're ingenious and willing & able to take on small 'construction' projects, so I'll share this:

My Dad, who should have been retired for several years but still works at their business full-time, has spent an hour or two here and there for several months building new seats for his VTX1800. He's tried different foams, and uses an electric knife (like we had for carving the Thanksgiving turkey, roasts, and such) to shape it, and spray adhesive to glue the layers and shapes together. A couple weeks ago, he and Mom finally pronounced the seats to be 'perfect,' and he took them to a local upholsterer to have them covered.

They truly are perfect. Perfect firmness for each of them. Perfect shapes for each of them. Perfect slopes and angles, and just the cover they want.

Their seats are SOOO much better than any and every aftermarket seat, including those that are custom-shaped based on a ride-in to the shop, partly because they tried something, then rode on it for a while, and then made adjustments.

In all, they probably have moderately close to the price of a Russell in the two seats, but it's a better result because they're absolutely custom. He even made his own seat pans.

Something to think about.

Wow... Thanks for telling his story here. I take great encouragement from that.

Sent from my Y88X-PLUS using Tapatalk

Back