• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Critters.....

Jguarfn28

Reaction score
Visit site
I really wish I had a GoPro last week. I was taking a shortcut behind the warehouse complex a block from my home when a bunny either tried to jump over the bike or commit suicide. Luckily for it, it bounced off the left side of the headlight faring and I managed to not run over it. I was slowing down and was only going about 5 mph when they broke 1s one way then the other and realized they couldn't get through the chain link fence. So they jumped up and flipped into the faring. After stopping, I turned around and saw it stumbling off toward the desert area it probably lived in. I wiped off some bunny hair from the bike when I got home a minute or so later. It's been a tough year for all the critters here, sorry I was so scary. But I had to laugh....

I really wish I had a GoPro last week. I was taking a shortcut behind the warehouse complex a block from my home when a bunny either tried to jump over the bike or commit suicide. Luckily for it, it bounced off the left side of the headlight faring and I managed to not run over it. I was slowing down and was only going about 5 mph when they broke 1s one way then the other and realized they couldn't get through the chain link fence. So they jumped up and flipped into the faring. After stopping, I turned around and saw it stumbling off toward the desert area it probably lived in. I wiped off some bunny hair from the bike when I got home a minute or so later. It's been a tough year for all the critters here, sorry I was so scary. But I had to laugh....
7.jpg

Glad to see you care! They sure can scare the you know what out of you when your on a bike.

SmileyRabbit.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
They're everywhere about this time of year. There are several pastures of cattle in this area that share their habitat with deer, possum, rabbit, fox, skunk and you name it. They're seemingly out to make sure you're paying attention and it's good to keep that in mind, especially if you ride a night.

Last edited:
This is a timely post....
I rode my old bike four four years and had no creature incidents....
However the NC seems to be a wilderness magnet. In the 4 weeks that I have had it, I've had a squirrel bounce off of it, a biting spider fall into my helmet (riding down the driveway with my visor up), and today a bird flew into my bike and unfortunately was killed.
I've decided to drive a little slower as we have tons of deer out here and a few otters who frequently run across the road!

I was riding last year.went over a rail road track and seen a squrial in my lane.it seen me and dropped a full ear of field corn and ran.i had just enough time to zig zag around.im sure it would have.wiped me out.also hit a oppisum and a bird.

We have no bunny problems here, but we do have wandering frogs.
Their slimmey skins can make you go lowside easily. We built many Frog-highways and bypasses just for them.
:p

Crossing the empty desert roads in southern California you can often see tarantulas scurrying across the road.
4.jpg

Talking about stinging critters, this has been my year for the bees.

Two - short, fat guy belly stings

One - between opened helmet face and on temple (hurt)

One - on right arm

One - the definition of pain, on the eye ball.

SmileyBeeBig.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Talking about stinging critters, this has been my year for the bees.

Two - short, fat guy belly stings

One - between opened helmet face and on temple (hurt)

One - on right arm

One - the definition of pain, on the eye ball.

aye but ya a tough old boot ,don't make em like that anymore.;)

worst hit I ever had was a pigeon decided it wanted a cuddle .
talk about being winded....took me awhile to get my breath back,the birdy came off worst.
and I had a sore chest for a while inc some nice bruises.

I hate the occasional critter scare!
Once while riding down through Missouri back roads, I had a big Mule Deer jump out on my left side at full run, and just before wiping me out, it juked me run around the back of my bike and damn if my wife was not following me about 5 foot staggered. She was on a Buell Blast single cyl small bike, and all I heard in my communicator was a loud noise. I thought for sure she was off the bike. I asked "you ok?", and she answered yea but I need to pull off the road now. When we stopped, she explained all she had time to do was duck her head and the deer must have jumped, and she guesses the hind leg kicked her in the side of the helmet. The communicator was hanging by its wire, and helmet had some slight scuffing. She was being watched over by a higher power that day. That happened in the middle of the day! The truck behind her never stopped to ask if she was ok, but what a show he must have gotten. We have been very cautious to not leave too early in the morning and be off the road by dusk since then, if at all possible.

Missouri, there just ain't no way to go across that state without a major critter encounter. Old Route 66 is just full of critters. I guess that is why Bass Pro Shop started there.6.jpg

SmileySmuck.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back