• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

CTX sidestand for lowered 700X?

Phil in Boulder

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
I am lowering my NC700X 30-40mm and need a shortened side stand.
Will a CTX700 side stand fill this purpose?
Thanks for any info you have
Phil in Boulder

I believe someone has tried that and said it was too short. You may try the Honda NC700S kickstand since it's a bit shorter than the X version. Or, Soupy's performance sells an adjustable kickstand. It is a bit pricey at around $150, but it will work for what you want.

I have my bike lowered just a bit (haven't measured the seat height yet), but the links are 5 3/8" from hole to hole whereas the stock links are 5" from hole to hole. I've also raised the forks .5" in the triple tree. The OEM kickstand still works for me, but there have been a couple times where I've used my center stand just in case since the ground was a little uneven and I couldn't get the bike to lean over far enough for my comfort...but all in all I use my kickstand most of the time.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I am lowering my NC700X 30-40mm and need a shortened side stand.
Will a CTX700 side stand fill this purpose?
Thanks for any info you have
Phil in Boulder

Phil,
I bought a CTX sidestand on ebay for my lowered NC. It seems to work fine.
I did also make a little aluminum plate that I bolted to the bottom of the stand for a little larger footprint.
Dean

I believe someone has tried that and said it was too short. You may try the Honda NC700S kickstand since it's a bit shorter than the X version. Or, Soupy's performance sells an adjustable kickstand. It is a bit pricey at around $150, but it will work for what you want.

I have my bike lowered just a bit (haven't measured the seat height yet), but the links are 5 3/8" from hole to hole whereas the stock links are 5" from hole to hole. I've also raised the forks .5" in the triple tree. The OEM kickstand still works for me, but there have been a couple times where I've used my center stand just in case since the ground was a little uneven and I couldn't get the bike to lean over far enough for my comfort...but all in all I use my kickstand most of the time.

Where can one buy a 700s kickstand in the states? Having trouble finding one

[...Where can one buy a 700s kickstand in the states?...]

My guess is to find a Honda dealer in Canada or UK who ships stuff here.

Last edited:
Others have done so with success. This is by far your most inexpensive option...Unless you have to hire a welder and they charge you an arm and a leg.

I do not have a welder. I’ve been unsuccessful finding a 700s stand from the japan webike site. Read somewhere that a guy bought one for 30 euros from a Chinese site. Read that a while back and can’t find it now.

Anyone know if a cbr1000 has the same attachment? Can find some cheap adjustable ones for that and the attachment point looks the same. Might have to order one and try unless someone knows for sure. TIA

Hmm very possible. THank you. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can contact them and get a length measurement. Thanks for the link, not sure why my search wasn't coming up with anything.

If by Boulder you mean Boulder CO, pick up a spare sidestand for as cheap as possible and swing on down to Arvada. I'm far from a professional welder but we could probably come up with something functional! I do assume it's a steel stand right? I don't have equipment for aluminum welding.

Eric

Back