• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cyclegear Handguards on sale....

anyone have photos of the $19 set attached to an NC?

got it installed... they seem smaller than the others pictured in this thread but acceptable... especially at $20.

the arms hand to attach near where the mirror bracket is, and on the brake side, that meant taking the bracket off.
The cables went around neatly without stressing or binding. that was a relief.
the bracket for the guards (wind and cold in my case) are the ones with the shiney hex bolts.

Here are the shots.... (keep in min it's 95+ deg F in our back yard!)

Here's the left side...
IMG_1132.jpg
the right side
IMG_1133.jpg
left side from front
IMG_1135.jpg
right side from front
IMG_1137.jpg
head- on view for overal look (not that looks matter a whole lot to me)
IMG_1138.jpg
Not bad for $20.... I wonder if I'll even notice a difference.

Last edited:
Regarding the 20 dollar hand guards: Not bad. I like that they don't have a big brand name molded right into them. Clean look.

Greg

Last edited:
I've ridden 150 mile tonight with the hand guards, and I'm keeping them.
(Sunset on Coronado Island in the San Diego Baby courtesy of my Adventure bike!
This photo is not mine, but it shows the place off well.)
Coronado_Aerial_opt.jpg

I like the feel of hands sheltered.

This will occassion a re-design of the windscreen. I think I want to make a bracket that will put the windscreen far enough in front of the bike that I won't have to cut "indents" along the sides to accomodate the mirrors/handguards...
but that's a job for a different post.

I've ridden 150 mile tonight with the hand guards, and I'm keeping them.
(Sunset on Coronado Island in the San Diego Baby courtesy of my Adventure bike!
This photo is not mine, but it shows the place off well.)
View attachment 7930

I like the feel of hands sheltered.

This will occassion a re-design of the windscreen. I think I want to make a bracket that will put the windscreen far enough in front of the bike that I won't have to cut "indents" along the sides to accomodate the mirrors/handguards...
but that's a job for a different post.

Rox risers should fix that problem for you while giving you a more comfortable riding position

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

What did you use to cover up the slots in the hand guards? Rode 180 miles yesterday and the guards protected my hands from all the Love bugs. Had to clean the bike as soon as I got home.

Rox risers should fix that problem for you while giving you a more comfortable riding position

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

How so? Risers make the handlebars go UP... not back. Of course, that does make me think about loosening the existing mounts and rotating the handlebars back some. That would require a slight reposition of all the controls (throttle, clutch, brake, mirrors), but it could be done.
I'm reluctant to reposition the throttle and clutch as I don't want to cause them to stop working correctly.
hhhhmmmm..... (thinking over breakfast....)

Strat,
All you have to reposition when rotating the handlebars are the clutch and brake perches. There is no need to position throttle and switch modules. The Rox risers are adjustable for forward and rearward handlebar positioning in addition to raising the bars, so they allow you to move the bars a bit to the rear.
FWIW I picked up a set of the $19 hand guards just to check them out and discovered they don't work on adjustable levers. The adjustable levers I have extend further forward from the pivot than stock levers and the hand guard brackets were too short to clear the levers. Since I like the adjustable levers better than the guards I think I'll either get different hand guards or just do without.

Bob

I changed mine to like you have yours. It looks better and works better. Is that tape you put on to cover the slots. Temporarily moved the Trackside stickers to cover the top slots till I have time to do something else.

The tape is a good idea.as soon as i get mine i will tape the inside to covers holes and then a coat of plastic dip.

Back