• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cyclegear Handguards on sale....

Thanks Nortwestrider. 30mm equals a bit over an inch. I'm curious if the bracket of the tracksides will clear the windshield bracket. I'll have look at it closely when I get home this PM.

Mine did !!.

tu6yzesu.jpg

dahuru8a.jpg

uru6enaz.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Based on just about everyone's feedback (who have installed the Rox), they've had to remove the brake line stay to have some slack.

I posed this question in another thread about wind and the hand guards:

I can't seem to mount them straight due to the brake reservoir. If the bars are rotated towards the rider a bit, which will raise the brush guards to where they may be parallel with the ground, will that be detrimental to the brake fluid reservoir?

Hopefully someone will answer this.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pics. Yes, that just about confirms it for. My bar ends are what's preventing the parallel installation. I'll have to look for some spacers or washer to use and remove the bar ends. Do you think there'll be pronounced vibration through the handlebar without the bar ends?

The other option I'm thinking may be to bend the hand guards a bit? Thoughts?

Thanks for posting the pics. Yes, that just about confirms it for. My bar ends are what's preventing the parallel installation. I'll have to look for some spacers or washer to use and remove the bar ends. Do you think there'll be pronounced vibration through the handlebar without the bar ends?

The other option I'm thinking may be to bend the hand guards a bit? Thoughts?

Your not going to bend the gaurds,I believe there heat treated alum or something like that.
Even with my stock bar ends OR without any bar ends my guards are never any closer than 1-1.5 inches away.Do you have the $45 multi adjustable gaurds ???.
ezarupyv.jpg

nygemata.jpg

apu5y2ap.jpg

9yha3apa.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have to take pics of mine and post them here. I have the same exact brush guards as you but with the bar ends, mine hits the metal tube around the brake line that comes right out under the reservoir. I kept referring to reservoir when indeed its the brake line with the metal tubing or sleeve around it.

You should be able to slightly loosen that Banjo bolt and rotate the hard brake line up just a touch, to afford the clearance you need.

I'll have to take pics of mine and post them here. I have the same exact brush guards as you but with the bar ends, mine hits the metal tube around the brake line that comes right out under the reservoir. I kept referring to reservoir when indeed its the brake line with the metal tubing or sleeve around it.

Ok now I understand.
YES mine are very close to the banjo bolt/brake line.I cut a piece of rubber tubing,put it around the brake line ( after rotating the banjo bolt ) and zip tied it.
ruge9asu.jpg

Wonderful and thanks guys. So loosening the banjo bolt and rotating won't let air in the brake system right? And I guess the only direction to turn the line is towards the rider?

Here are some pics of my setup.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Nortwestrider,

Sorry to bother you again about these silly guards. For the life of me, I can't seem to get them parallel to the road, please see image.My brake line/banjo is hitting the reservoir notch and cannot go any higher. Any thoughts? BTW, I tried sending you a PM which will not go through as your inbox is full.

Thanks for all your help.
8540d1379996662-cyclegear-handguards-sale-4.jpg

Back