• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Damn my temper got me again!!!!

bigjay

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got my leo vince slip on for my nc700 today. Install was easy and it looked great. Sounded almost the same as stocker with the baffle in, maybe a touch louder. So i thought, well lets try it without the baffle. BIG mistake!!! After 3 hours of twisting and pulling with pliers, multigrips and anything i could think of, the baffle was staying put. It would move side to side and i could push it back in but for whatever reason, it would not come out any further than where it started. Yes i did take the screw underneath out. With sweat dripping off and swearing coming out i gave up. Tried to put that little baffle screw back in. After 30 minutes of struggling with something a 5 year old could do, i did what i hoped i wouldn't. I dropped the screw in the pipe itself. Well that was the last straw. Picked up the hammer and went to town on Mr leo vince:mad:. Suffice to say my brand new pipe looks a little worse for wear now:(. Off to the bin for the pipe and back on with the stocker. I feel bad but whats done is done. 385 bucks wasted. Oh well.................................

Finally got my leo vince slip on for my nc700 today. Install was easy and it looked great. Sounded almost the same as stocker with the baffle in, maybe a touch louder. So i thought, well lets try it without the baffle. BIG mistake!!! After 3 hours of twisting and pulling with pliers, multigrips and anything i could think of, the baffle was staying put. It would move side to side and i could push it back in but for whatever reason, it would not come out any further than where it started. Yes i did take the screw underneath out. With sweat dripping off and swearing coming out i gave up. Tried to put that little baffle screw back in. After 30 minutes of struggling with something a 5 year old could do, i did what i hoped i wouldn't. I dropped the screw in the pipe itself. Well that was the last straw. Picked up the hammer and went to town on Mr leo vince:mad:. Suffice to say my brand new pipe looks a little worse for wear now:(. Off to the bin for the pipe and back on with the stocker. I feel bad but whats done is done. 385 bucks wasted. Oh well.................................

That is excatly the sort of reason I let the dealer fit my accessories as for me it probably cheaper than messing the job up myself

Never liked Leo Vince cans. They are just way too quiet.

Tony

Better too quiet than too noisy. Nobody ever wanted to ban bikes because they are too quiet

I wonder what you will make of my Beowulf can that I run with a baffle and is stamped road legal. It is both loud and deep and not much different in sound to the Leo Vince without a baffle.

My point is it is a lot of money for an exhaust that does not really give that much louder a sound when there are many other cans out there for similar money that are both louder and deeper legally.

Anger management classes are cheaper than $385?

Its funny its always worth it (for me) at the time but when the anger goes away its like "why'd i do that for"? I remember a scene out of badboys 2 where martin lawrence is using "woosa woosa" to keep himself calm. I might try that lol :)

Sorry about your pipe...

My friend has Honda CBR250 with the Le Vince pipe. With the baffle out, it's loud! Wonder how can something so small make much a big noise....

Getting mad or upset at inanimate objects causes you pain, money or both. A little break and a cold beer will usually help you to find the solution. Works for me! I either get it done or end up drunk. Win/win solution!!

Did you read my thread on my own Leo Vince install?? Could have saved yourself a $385!

If so than you would have seen this:

"FYI, the Db killer is REALLY snug in the can. I had to make a removal tool out of a coat hanger to yank it out (after removing the set screw first, of course). Apparently, it's common on Leo Vince cans as when I googled "Leo Vince Silencer Removal" the first page of results is a bunch of questions on how to do it."

Getting mad or upset at inanimate objects causes you pain, money or both. A little break and a cold beer will usually help you to find the solution. Works for me! I either get it done or end up drunk. Win/win solution!!

I agree! I don't drink alcohol but maybe i should start huh???

Did you read my thread on my own Leo Vince install?? Could have saved yourself a $385!

If so than you would have seen this:

"FYI, the Db killer is REALLY snug in the can. I had to make a removal tool out of a coat hanger to yank it out (after removing the set screw first, of course). Apparently, it's common on Leo Vince cans as when I googled "Leo Vince Silencer Removal" the first page of results is a bunch of questions on how to do it."

Yes i was all over your thread yesterday running back and forth to see if i missed anything. I could move it side to side and push it back in quite easily but it wouldn't come out any further than it started. The pipe is quite a mess i must admit. I flogged it pretty good. :( I figured after 3 hours of trying with all my strength it wasn't coming out. At 1 stage i actually pulled so hard the bike fell off the stand!!!!

Yep, same experience, but that simple tool I made with a coat hanger yanked it right out. If you decide to give a go with a new pipe, I can post a pic of it!

I don't really understand the desire to remove the baffles. Does this not make the bike outside of the law. It certainly does in the UK. A lot of bikes with road leagal cans but with DB killer removed even fail the noise test for track days

I don't really understand the desire to remove the baffles. Does this not make the bike outside of the law. It certainly does in the UK. A lot of bikes with road leagal cans but with DB killer removed even fail the noise test for track days

Well, with the DB killer in, what's the point of even swapping the exhaust?? In most cases, at least in my experience, the sound of the exhaust remains quite close to stock when they are left in. I wanted a more throaty exhaust note than stock and leaving the DB killer in totally defeats that purpose.

Perhaps it is more of a Euro thing. None of the exhausts that were available for my FZ6 even came with DB killers (although some Euro versions of the same exhausts did). You will also find that pretty much none of the aftermarket exhausts for the big twin cruisers are baffled (at least here in the US).

Last edited:
Well, with the DB killer in, what's the point of even swapping the exhaust?? In most cases, at least in my experience, the sound of the exhaust remains quite close to stock when they are left in. I wanted a more throaty exhaust note than stock and leaving the DB killer in totally defeats that purpose.

Perhaps it is more of a Euro thing. None of the exhausts that were available for my FZ6 even came with DB killers (although some Euro versions of the same exhausts did). You will also find that pretty much none of the aftermarket exhausts for the big twin cruisers are baffled (at least here in the US).

Many people swap their cans for reduced weight and/or looks. Here in the UK and mainland Europe loud bikes are just adding more ammunition to the anti biking brigade. Whilst i enjoy a deep bass sound to an exhaust I don't understand why they have to be loud. Maybe some people equate noise with power. sometime ago I was pushing my bike down my drive when a young child walked passed with his mother. the child on seeing the bike (which was switched off) immediately covered his ears. I thought was there goes another future member of the anti biking brigade just because he had already learned to equate bikes with unpleasently loud noise. If any one factor kills motorcycling it will be noise. However it would appear that some riders don't care about this and if biking were banned tomorrow would just think oh well and go on to some other hobby

Not all after market exhausts are created equal. Some exhausts do sound pretty much the same as stock can with the baffle in but not all. Some sound quite a bit nicer and deeper while still having the baffle in and being stamped as approved for use on UK roads. Here is an example I posted on You Tube and the difference is HUGE and the sound is just gorgeous :)

Do not take my word for it. There are several who have got the Beowulf and have the same dramatic improvement. Some other cans such as Ixil also offer a nice increase in sound and depth with the DB killers left in. While not being too loud they add a certain amount of depth to the sound of the twin.

[video=youtube_share;AZTHZiyCt6Y]http://youtu.be/AZTHZiyCt6Y[/video]

Last edited:
I'm waiting for va to crack down on bikes like they do to cars. You can't change your exhaust unless the new parts are "like stock". I changed my muffler with a twin can system that have me more hp, yet didn't make it too much louder and still got pulled over a hand full of times just because it wasn't "like stock"

Back