• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Darksides

this post reminds me of a joke.

Q:How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?A:* 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed* 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently* 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs* 1 to move it to the Lighting section* 2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section* 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs* 5 to flame the spell checkers* 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames* 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid* 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"* 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct* 19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum* 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum* 36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty* 7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs* 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's* 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group* 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"* 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy* 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"* 13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"* 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Dear Mr Frozenpoet
To my mind your latest effort should not be classified as a "joke" but more as a humerous post. As it has no direct relevence to the Honda NC700 which is supposedly the subject of the forum I feel that it should in fact be posted in "The Bar" section of the forum. Better still go and find a forum that deals with posting on forums an do not waste the time of us serious motorcyclist who wish to read about motorcycles and the NC 700 in particular and not have our precious time wasted by posts on other matters.
I would also like to mention that as someone who has been posting on forums for some time I have seen this sort of thing done much better and in fact feel that I would have done it completely differently
Please consider the feelings of your fellow forum members before posting in future
Yours sincerely
Rocker66
P.S. I have now removed my tounge from my cheek
P.P.S. I hope the above phrase is used in the US :)

this post reminds me of a joke.

Q:How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?A:* 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed* 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently* 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs* 1 to move it to the Lighting section* 2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section* 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs* 5 to flame the spell checkers* 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames* 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid* 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"* 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct* 19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum* 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum* 36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty* 7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs* 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's* 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group* 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"* 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy* 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"* 13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"* 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Don't be a Nazi and forget about Godwin's Law!

Dear Mr Frozenpoet
To my mind your latest effort should not be classified as a "joke" but more as a humerous post. As it has no direct relevence to the Honda NC700 which is supposedly the subject of the forum I feel that it should in fact be posted in "The Bar" section of the forum. Better still go and find a forum that deals with posting on forums an do not waste the time of us serious motorcyclist who wish to read about motorcycles and the NC 700 in particular and not have our precious time wasted by posts on other matters.
I would also like to mention that as someone who has been posting on forums for some time I have seen this sort of thing done much better and in fact feel that I would have done it completely differently
Please consider the feelings of your fellow forum members before posting in future
Yours sincerely
Rocker66
P.S. I have now removed my tounge from my cheek
P.P.S. I hope the above phrase is used in the US :)

Me too! LOL

I ran Darkside on my DL1000 and guess what ??.
The sky didn't fall down,the world did not stop turning and the bike handled good and did better on dirt and gravel then my TKC80's ever did .
It did take some time to get use to it but at 15,000 miles the tire had almost no wear and I was useing a summer ( sticky) tire that cost $80.
After my warrenty is up on the NC I might try it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand the whole darkside thing but I also don't get all of the criticism some forum members shell out on those that make the decision to put a car tire on a motorcycle. I've seen plenty of unsafe modifications, distractions, overloaded bikes, etc. on motorcycles that didn't involve tires. I can't for the life of me figure out why this topic causes a deep divide. If you don't like something someone has done to their bike keep your opinions to yourself unless they are requested from the OP.

And why Rocker, do you see it as your responsibility to jump down someone's throat about posting a funny comment? Are you a Mod? The forum police? Or do you just easily get your knickers in a knot? I don't understand what purpose this behavior could possibly serve to this forum. I certainly don't agree with everything posted here but I USUALLY keep my mouth shut. This time, however, I couldn't.
Mike

I don't understand the whole darkside thing but I also don't get all of the criticism some forum members shell out on those that make the decision to put a car tire on a motorcycle. I've seen plenty of unsafe modifications, distractions, overloaded bikes, etc. on motorcycles that didn't involve tires. I can't for the life of me figure out why this topic causes a deep divide. If you don't like something someone has done to their bike keep your opinions to yourself unless they are requested from the OP.

And why Rocker, do you see it as your responsibility to jump down someone's throat about posting a funny comment? Are you a Mod? The forum police? Or do you just easily get your knickers in a knot? I don't understand what purpose this behavior could possibly serve to this forum. I certainly don't agree with everything posted here but I USUALLY keep my mouth shut. This time, however, I couldn't.
Mike

unless I missed something, rockers reply to my funny post was a joke and I took it as one.

unless I missed something, rockers reply to my funny post was a joke and I took it as one.

Then I am the one who missed something....and I owe Rocker an apology. I should've kept reading to find the part about the whole "tongue in cheek" thing. My bad!
Mike

Last edited:
Then I am the one who missed something....and I owe Rocker an apology. I should've kept reading to find the part about the whole "tongue in cheek" thing. My bad!
Mike

Not entirely your fault, Bug. It might be the dry British humor (a bit of oxymoron, if you ask me. It's like British dental hygiene). :p

God bless the British and their sense of humour. (and no offense to Scots, Paddys 'n Welshmen to be lumped in all as one, you guys too)

The world is a far better place for it, IMHO. :D

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

I'll volunteer for that position. :rolleyes:
So has anyone gone darkside yet? I have never ridden a darkside bike, but can see the allure in it and don't see any safety concerns there. I frequent the FJRforum and there's an ongoing thread on darksiding that bike that's into the hundreds of pages. Bottom line is that no has died in a flaming death and a good rider can go just as fast on a car tire as he can with a bike tire. :cool:

My FJR has a Conti Motion tire on the back that was seriously flat spotted after 1000 miles on the slab (Interstate hwy) and I suspect this is similar to how a car tire feels when turning. A new bike tire always feels so nice when you just think about leaning and the bike tips into the turn, but the deterioration happens from that point forward and I never notice it because it's a gradual thing until I put that next new tire on. I really noticed this after riding the new NC700 and then hoping back on the FJR which suddenly felt like a dump truck with that flat spotted tire. :eek:

Motorcycle tires are made from soft rubber. Yes, they wear a lot faster, but they grip a lot better than car tires. Yes, you will get better miles from a car tire. But, in the rain with the hard rubber car tire, the adventure will really begin, hang on cowboy!

Everyone talking about how the NC handles in curves, I have to drive 20 miles to find a road that has gentle curves. So most of my riding is in mostly straight roads. Every one that I know that is darksided loves their car tires, even on Deal's Gap, riding a ST1300, Goldwings and Ventures. They also claim they stop a lot quicker.

No car tires that will fit the NC!!.
The smallest available in the US that I have found is a 205/55-17,that is what I ran on my Vstrom but it won't fit inside the swingarm on the NC.I know in Europe they talk about a 175/55-17 but not sure it would fit and to try to get one over here would be alot of $$$$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back