• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT owners. Your mileage please...

I've done 22,000 in the last 14 months - only problem was a gearbox sensor at about 5,000 miles. 112 mile a day commute and getting 68mpg but a bit heavier on tyres and chains than I was expecting.

I was riding along and the bike dropped out of gear and I coasted to a stop. Bike started fine but wouldn't select any gears. Fortunately it was only a short push home! Fixed under warranty and my dealer hadn't seen the problem before.

Was it a DCT or CVT, two totally different technologies ?

Yes, its best that you watch this video. It will explain anything that you would like to know about Dual Clutch Transmission Technology.

Please be advised its 10 minutes long.

[video=youtube;N35c9ksEKUo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N35c9ksEKUo[/video]

Hi, I'm trying to ascertain what the long term reliability is for DCT ownership. So I'm very interested to hear of any high mileage DCT machines please...:) I know there's been the odd stuck in gear issue, but I think most owners managed to resolve this themselves. Have there any other issues that anyone has noticed?

I have only about 670 miles so far. I think that I have a faulty Water Pump leaking between it and the Cylinder Head. There's signs of "Glycol Scale" behind the Water Pump.

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

I send these pics to my local dealer to review. I'm still waiting for a response...

2014 DCT here, avg mpg below. 2700 miles with no trouble. Accidently hit my kill switch while in 3rd today (don't ask... lol). Flipped switch back, bike shifted to neutral, and restarted with no trouble. Had to stop to shift back to drive, but I expected that, and was at a red light anyway. My oem rear tire is about 70% worn :/

Back