• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT weight vs manual

Mycool

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still trying to decide between the two models. For those of you that have ridden both, is the additional weight of the DCT (I believe it's around 33lbs, 472-505) noticeable? I have a bad elbow and any weight savings is ideal. I love the bike and I love the red, so two check marks so far. Thanks everyone.

Pardon me for asking, but I would have thought a bad elbow would want to avoid the clutch version. I don't think an extra 30 pounds 14 inches off the ground will make any difference in steering effort.

What could I say? If weight matters, chose sg lighter around 180kgs...
Riding the bike that 10 kgs doesnt matter, cant feel the difference. I can only say, my previous CBR250R weighted 168kg, and this one is heavier by 47kgs. DCT is a good choice, if you can afford it!

Pardon me for asking, but I would have thought a bad elbow would want to avoid the clutch version. I don't think an extra 30 pounds 14 inches off the ground will make any difference in steering effort.

You're correct. I'm leaning towards the DCT because of the elbow, but if the extra pounds are a detriment I can make do with the manual. Obviously I have not ridden the auto yet, but does it feel like the moped I had 22 years ago when I was 14?:). Just twist the throttle and go...with a big smile on your face?

The DCT certainly isn't a moped, and definitely cannot be described as such. Yes it is twist and go, but it actually has gears unlike a normal modern auto which is CVT.

Riding around you won't notice the extra weight.
It's situated very low in the bike and only about a 7% increase.

The only time you might notice the extra weight is if
you're picking it up off the ground improperly and trying to lift
it with your arms by pulling it up while facing it. If you're picking it up the
right way by backing up to it, squating down and picking it up
with your back against it and doing the lifting with your legs you still
won't have a problem with your arm and the extra weight.

Bottom line, get the DCT if you want it.
Hth and good luck.

Back