• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Deal: Red Fuel SL161 Jump Starter (Princess Auto - $49.99)

lue42

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope this is an ok place to put this post - I couldn't find a specific spot to post good deals. There is the "review' area, but haven't used it yet, so no review.

Finally a deal for the Canadian readers!

SL161_1000x1000__44170.1475766268.386.513.jpg

I went today to buy this at "full price" of $79.99 and it came up at the cash on sale for $49.99. The price is not reflected online and is for the SL161 model - SKU 8745481

Portable Lithium-Ion Jump Starter and Battery Charger | Princess Auto

Manufacturer site: SL161 - Schumacher Electric

The only major complains I see online about it is its power. It is more than powerful for a motorcycle though. There are a couple comments on its quality, but Princess Auto has a great return policy, so not a huge concern for me.

It even comes with a Micro-USB and Lightning cable.

It is small and lightweight compared to many jump starters out there.

This can only be charged using the AC Adapter, not the 12v cigarette adapter like some models out there do. That would be a nice feature.

Not much help for the Canadians, They are $33 on Amazon in the US.......but gets less than stealer reviews ( so far with 50 reviews) with 26% giving it 1 star.

We will likely move to the garage section.

Last edited:
I got mine for US$24 off Amazon but without the jumper cables. It's OK so far, I've only used it to pump up my iPhone and iPad. Size and weight makes it convenient for that. It doesn't have any type of switch so the LED display is only on for a short time when initially plugged in. I like it despite some of its limitations.

BTW, here's a place to post great deals.

(Post Good Buys HERE)

Ray

I have one of these complete as pictured in the first post. I got it from an Amazon seller for about US$30. They're offered for twice that much in local stores.

I disconnected the battery from my 4 cylinder car, and connected this jump pack instead. It started the car all by itself. This was done in the summer, so conditions were ideal, but I was impressed that it was able to start the car with no other battery connected.

I carry it on the motorcycle all the time.

Not much help for the Canadians, They are $33 on Amazon in the US.......but gets less than stealer reviews ( so far with 50 reviews) with 26% giving it 1 star.

If you saw what few amazing deals we get up here compared to in the US, you would consider a 8$ CAD difference to be a good deal. We rarely seem to pay the currency exchange equivalent to US items. I almost never trust 5* or 1* reviews. I read through a lot of the reviews and online blogs about it and generally it is considered good - the next best choice being almost double $. I have discharged (by charging iPads) and charged it to 100% twice since buying it and it seems to be working well. With the excellent in-store support I am comfortable with the purchase, and have up to a year to change my mind.

I got mine for US$24 off Amazon but without the jumper cables.

These jump starters are similar technology, in that they are a bunch of batteries but their primary difference is that they can jump start vehicles. I have an amazing 20,000mAh USB charger - but this is a different product.

Yes.....you guys in Canada pay more for every thing, not questioning the Canada price, but many members are US or other countries. So a link to the US seller helps make a comparison.

I agree on the reviews ........and caution and care is needed on all online reviews with all products and service.

But when 30% are trending 1-2 stars it's a good warning something may not be right or quality maybe suspect or inconsistent . The real concern with all lithium jump lacks is fire or shorting during charging, storage or use on the vehicle.

There are many jump packs on the market.....with....... Many different sizes and features. There are issues with counterfeit anti gravity batteries even on Amazon (one of the better brands) ( that is more expensive).

Last edited:
Back