• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Demoed today

Rtreat49

Reaction score
Visit site
Test rode today at Honda of the Ozarks in Springfield, MO. great guys that seemed willing to work with you !
Standard then DCT ABS, it surprised me that I like the DCT more.
DCT has less vibes ( always in smother part of powerband ), on standard my main problem would be getting accustomed to not bouncing off the rev limiter all the time and being able to dive into a curve - drop one or two gears and power out..... without having the engine stuttering in the rev limiter leaving me “ dead in the water”. DCT seems good, just have to twist the right grip more, sometimes all the way but it gets along O.K. and can hustle through the twisted stuff. The standard would require a new riding style.
I will buy this bike or a low milage F650GS to be demoed in Arkansas next weekend.
This may will be last bike and I am doing without a car, I plan to retire next spring and have many Western U.S. Adventures.
Thanks for all the info here. Will probably have a NC700X DCT ABS soon. Anyone have BMW F650GS experience, It seems more off road worthy and that’s something I would prefer.

RT

My opinion is you have your sights set on two worthy machines. Personally, I perfer the NCX but I don't ride off road much. You'll know more after the 650 demo. And welcome from West Virginia!

Welcome from another Missouri rider! Join the NCX club or get the F650. Give me a call and lets go for a ride!

Welcome! I test rode the DCT about 2 weeks ago and found it had plenty of power for legal street riding, including the curves. Its just a re-training of your self to adapt to how this bike operates.

Welcome from central (near Jefferson City) Missouri. Seems like there are alot of Missouri riders here

Welcome,
The NC700X is a great choice.
I lived in Ava, MO, just to the east of Branson for a number of years. Lots of great riding in the area.

Art

Back