• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Denali D2D driving lights & mount point

newride

Reaction score
Visit site
Few quick questions for anyone using these led lights.
  1. 1. Better to buy the Honda mounting light bar or install lower using fork/fender mounting point?
  2. 2. Was thinking of doing sport diving beam (10 degree beam pattern) on left side and flood beam lens which has 25 pattern on right side. My thinking is when riding on a two lane road that would allow right side led light to show deer if I am up in GA plus other things beside rode way.
  3. 3. Best to wire into light switch so half bright at low setting than full bright when high beam used or use the included on/off switch independent of the Honda headlight switch.

Thanks for any suggestions and ride safe everyone

I have mine wired in so that they run at 40% intensity with the running lights, but go 100% with the highbeam.
The supplied switch is used as well, so you can just turn them off if you ever have the need!
I have the Honda sub-harness installed, and that provided the wiring for this without having to tap into the main wiring harness around the headlight.

I'm running the 10° right now, and they throw a lot of light forward, however there is a lot of wildlife where I live, so I'm thinking I'll switch to the 25° soon, and get more light to the sides.
I have mounted a pair on my wife's CB500X and I put the 25° in hers. They still throw plenty of light forwards, and give better side lighting.

The lights are mounted on the Honda light bar with Techmount/PIAA universal mounting brackets

IMG_1276.jpg

PJM:
I like the flexibility you have on your setup. How did this plug into the Honda sub-harness? Is there an another "kit" to connect these lights to function with the headlight.

I have mine wired in so that they run at 40% intensity with the running lights, but go 100% with the highbeam.
The supplied switch is used as well, so you can just turn them off if you ever have the need!
I have the Honda sub-harness installed, and that provided the wiring for this without having to tap into the main wiring harness around the headlight.

PJM,

Like wukie, I'd like to know how you installed your lights using the Honda sub-harness. THANKS!

I know this is an old thread, but I'm getting my bike ready for the upcoming riding season and this year I'm going to add some accessory lighting as I do a fair amount of nighttime driving and would like some more light.

I'm a total newbie at motorcycle mods, and will admit hating to do anything electrical on cars, and the whole idea of trying to figure out how to do the install when I read about people having to buy a bunch of different wiring gimmicks just doesn't make sense -why is it that hard??

I'm thinking about the denali micros or maybe the D2 dual intensity. What I would like to do is have the lights on all the time but have ability to have brighter lights when the high beam is on so I don't annoy people. I would really like to avoid having to add a bunch of third party items to make this work seems like it shouldn't be that hard!

Is there a simple way to do this? Maybe I should just have my dealer do it, but I know the labor will be crazy.

My nc700x has factory heated grips and factory frank 12V connector, if that makes a difference.

and I thank you in advance for any replies or help!

I too would like to know what is necessary to using the Honda sub-harness to wire up the Denali lights (or Skene for that matter). Pprior, with the OEM grips you have the Honda sub-harness already also. Cheers!

On the 14 and 15, the sub harness does not provide highbeam. So you will still need to use a hl harness wire.

I used info on here to get sub harness connectors and plugged the earth and power, via a Skene relay. Taking the side Tupperware of was the hardest part, mainly because so many screws etc needed.

Back