• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

"Desperate times call for desparate measures" OR "Lazarus, Come out!!"

mpgandfun

Reaction score
Visit site
"Desperate times call for desperate measures" OR "Lazarus, Come out!!"

Been telling myself for the last month: "It'l be warmer next week, I'll be able to get her out then."
Old man winter just won't pack his bags.

I could wait no longer.

Chipped through 2-2 1/2" inches of ice with a shingle shovel to get one door open.
Didn't even bother chipping the other one out. I pulled the screws out of the hinges and took the door off of
the shed. A comforter, some carpet scraps from my boat, a piece of chipboard, & a couple-a 2"x8" s paved a road good enough to get her to
the tracks in my driveway. I ushered her to the pavement with crampons on my boots so I wouldn't slip
in my driveway.

I waved to the people across the road that had come "Up North" to their cabin
to get their last snowmobile riding in. Then I went for a RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!!!!!

Gonna sleep like a baby tonight.....

MVI_0303 - YouTube

Last edited:
Been telling myself for the last month: "It'l be warmer next week, I'll be able to get her out then."
Old man winter just won't pack his bags.

I could wait no longer.

Chipped through 2-2 1/2" inches of ice with a shingle shovel to get one door open.
Didn't even bother chipping the other one out. I pulled the screws out of the hinges and took the door off of
the shed. A comforter, some carpet scraps from my boat, a piece of chipboard, & a couple-a 2"x8" s paved a road good enough to get her to
the tracks in my driveway. I ushered her to the pavement with crampons on my boots so I wouldn't slip
in my driveway.

I waved to the people across the road that had come "Up North" to their cabin
to get their last snowmobile riding in. Then I went for a RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!!!!!

Gonna sleep like a baby tonight.....

MVI_0303 - YouTube

mpgandfun, this is the reason I love California so much :p

I only put about 30 miles on yesterday. Today's high will be about the same, around 36 degrees.
Going to put more on it today. Looks pretty promising by Thursday this week. Mid 40's, woohoo!

The paved roads are clear of snow & ice, so as long as I could get it to the end of my driveway,
I had a green light for cruisin'.

Last edited:
I am too winter-sick, and can't wait to get back riding.
But with regular temps not going higher than 47 afternoon, can't really do that. Not that it's too cold - been riding in snow conditions on my moped, but I fear grip is on the lowside, even when road's dry.

I ask myself: will I feel worse crashing my NC, or just waiting another week?
Well, I surely don't want to crash ;) But that's my humble opinion :)

Back