• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Did Not Think the Day Would Come

A little of topic but we should have a windshield exchange program. If you have a windshield that didn't work for you exchange it for someone else's. Each would pay for their shipping.

Great idea! Same thing with seats.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new ride. I'm another confirmed Honda V4 fan. That 1261cc version is a fabulous engine and retuned with CTX character I'm sure it's just perfect.

Great idea! Same thing with seats.

Maybe a moderator could step in and start a seat and windshield trade heading. Everyone's butt and head are different and what might not work for someone may work for another. Members could potentially save some cash.

Sorry again for being of topic.

yes it is bigger than an X but will give a lot of the Wings ability with out the cost or weight.

Probably a reason why I'n not considering adding the Top Box. I don't want people thinking it is a 'Baby Wing.' Yes the CL 175 was a great bike. Rode it for 4 years commuting between La Puente and Pasadena, CA. As a poor seminary student it was all I could afford at the time. Bought it new for $599 and sold it for $325 so I think I got my money's worth out of it.

We have a motorcycle show running in Dublin currently and I visited yesterday. For the first time I cast eyes on the Honda CTX 2015 model. I had only ever seen the previous model with the non existent screen and a rear section that was not exactly passenger friendly. On that model my first question to myself was "why". The bike in my opinion was not really practical. However this model in my link is a much more interesting motorcycle for me. When I was parting with my GL1800 solely because I was just getting too old to manhandle it, if this bike had been around in this format , I could well have considered it. It is effectively a junior Wing and imho, a fine motorcycle. Going back on Wing history, they all started with 1000cc and worked up. I believe this is finally an example of Honda getting it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoUMIk4zeso

We have a motorcycle show running in Dublin currently and I visited yesterday. For the first time I cast eyes on the Honda CTX 2015 model. I had only ever seen the previous model with the non existent screen and a rear section that was not exactly passenger friendly. On that model my first question to myself was "why". The bike in my opinion was not really practical. However this model in my link is a much more interesting motorcycle for me. When I was parting with my GL1800 solely because I was just getting too old to manhandle it, if this bike had been around in this format , I could well have considered it. It is effectively a junior Wing and imho, a fine motorcycle. Going back on Wing history, they all started with 1000cc and worked up. I believe this is finally an example of Honda getting it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoUMIk4zeso

Last Saturday I participated in a Case Study at the Honda R&D Facility in Torrance, Ca. A group of us were shown two Gold Wing (GL) designs, one of the current model with some minor updates and concept model loosely base off the 2015 CTX1300 shown in that video. The lines were a lot sleeker and the overall of the wide of the bike had been reduced by more than 30%. Also another feather that still sticks out in my mind is that the front suspension was loosely base off the concept shown in the image below.

bmw_duolever_suspension.jpg

I suspect that the new GL will also be getting an optional DCT upgrade, as the concept model had DCT controls on it. All around LED Lighting without a doubt in my mind. The concept model had more of the engine exposed (Heads) and visible chrome headers leading into large mufflers with 3 existing ports at the rear on each side nicely done.

The preliminary starting price was rumored to be about $26k (USD).

I'd buy one at that price, if it looks anything like what I saw last week and it has the DCT. I am also willing to buy a Zero SR for $22k. I am so torn at this point. However I cannot do either at this point. ;)

When you put it that way: a mid sized naked electric bike vs a full size luxury touring bike for the same price, it becomes obvious that the electric bike pricing just needs to come down to be feasible.

When you put it that way: a mid sized naked electric bike vs a full size luxury touring bike for the same price, it becomes obvious that the electric bike pricing just needs to come down to be feasible.

I had this vary same discussion with my local dealer representative, the owner the dealership is closely tied with the manufacturer.

Not to offend the second in command of the establishment I was dealing with through this all. Please see the uncensored response about when I made few recommendations to reduce the cost of the batteries with my manufacturing experience.

"No problem, thanks for your input...ALL those options have been considered during development. Honestly, the company is not reinventing the wheel nor has it progressed without ANY stone left unturned, believe me. I think with the technology as advanced as it is and considering there really is no other game in town without getting VERY expensive, the current public, sayers OR naysayers should feel fortunate that these bikes ARE still under $20K and don't just shoot right up near the price of a Lightening...$70K...because without legitimate competition, that's easily what can happen in the next few years. I already am offering a Brammo DEMO Empulse R for $35k USED when it WAS only $18K NEW simply because it has no competition and they don't make them anymore.

These are NOT Japanese bikes...for example, Ducati's newest high performance model with only a twin cylinder engine, the Superleggera is a $65K (sixty-five THOUSAND dollars) in an economy where average starter japanese models are under $10K, SO the value is THERE...just not everyone obviously sees it...so...those who don't see it can go back to building cafe racers out of mid-'70's Honda CB's while the rest of us will move forward and embrace new technology no matter WHAT the cost, as long as the budget is there...simple enough."

I am not condemning him or the manufacturer for their views regarding their pricing structure. I was merely providing him with feedback that I got from this forum that the ideal target price for this bike should be around $15k, then the bike would start to get more attention.

Back