• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DIY Adjustable Windshield

Cagedodger

Reaction score
Visit site
I cobbled together a windshield with some left over parts from past bikes/projects and I'm pretty pleased with the results! I posted about this a while back in the What did you do to your NCX thread (good luck finding that post!) and have been asked about this a few times because of my avatar. Basically, I made an adapter plate that mounts on the NCX's windshield mounts and allows me to have a Givi Airflo wing as a windshield. I first tried this in the Winter and was pretty happy with it, but it ended up being just a little snug to the handlebars where my handguard would hit at full lock. Since then, I have added 2" Rox risers and a Cee Baileys windshield which have been working for me pretty well. The Cee Bailey wasn't quite tall enough with the Rox risers so I took some inspiration from jlandon and ordered a set of the Bruudt windshield adjusters. That combination worked pretty good so I hadn't messed with my homemade contraption in a while.

Fast forward to a few days ago when I was in my garage tinkering with something completely different (I think I was mashing an imperial IPA so I had an hour or so to kill) when I saw the parts sitting on my freezer and thought, let's see how this looks with the Bruudt bracket. It turns out that it looks pretty good (in my eyes) and it works even better. I now have a windshield that can handle those hot and humid summer days as well as winter rain. I forked out $70 or so on the Bruudt brackets (or however much they are on fleabay) the other parts I had just laying around. Strangely enough, the swooping curves really go well with the bike. Oh, and no touching of the handguards in any windshield position from stop to stop.

Full up:
IMAG0091.jpg

Full down:
IMAG0092.jpg

Adapter plate on Bruudt brackets:
IMAG0094.jpg

Last edited:
Back