• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Don't Worry Be Happy

Seabee Bob

Reaction score
Visit site
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the
donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

MORAL :
Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred - Forgive.

2. Free your mind from worries - Most never happens.

3. Live simply and appreciate what you have.

4. Give more.

5. Expect less from people but more from yourself.

You have two choices... smile and close this page,
or pass this along to someone else to share the lesson.

View attachment 2501148151_10151339421131654_2055865949_n.jpg

Last edited:
My 27 year old son Stephen became addicted to opiates within the last 5 years. He is now in recovery and taking one day at a time. This is the only reason why I am here in Melbourne, FL. My son showed up in the mountains of Western NC just about emotionally and physically dead. I sold my 2006 Harley Davidson FXSTS Springer Softail with 3,000 miles on it to move him back to FL and get him back on his feet. He is doing well now and he is Detailing For Jesus.

Detailing for Jesus LLC | Melbourne, FL 32935
detailingforjesus.com

0218121247-00.jpg1031121603-00.jpgC1_8.jpg

Last edited:
That's awesome Bob! I love hearing about folks that have turned their life around from the evils of drugs or addiction and found faith in God. May God bless you for helping your son get through his demons and may God bless your son for beating his demons. I just think that is so cool!

Congrats and thanks so much for posting this!

WGW

You are a great dad and inspiration to us all. You know the true values of life. Thanks for sharing this with us. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." (Jim Elliott, missionary and martyr)

My 27 year old son Stephen became addicted to opiates within the last 5 years. He is now in recovery and taking one day at a time. This is the only reason why I am here in Melbourne, FL. My son showed up in the mountains of Western NC just about emotionally and physically dead. I sold my 2006 Harley Davidson FXSTS Springer Softail with 3,000 miles on it to move him back to FL and get him back on his feet. He is doing well now and he is Detailing For Jesus.

Detailing for Jesus LLC | Melbourne, FL 32935
detailingforjesus.com

Luke 15 vs 11-32 ............. A story from back then, for today, and forever.

well said Bob((1st post)) and it is nice to hear that your were there and made sacrifice on behalf your son.
this some what lacking these days parents with grown up kids. now matter how old they are they are still kids to you.
never give up on them,they still need you in times of trouble's or not, no matter how old they are be there for them.
having and giving money is a cure all but giving love is and to me that is the best gift that god has given us.
but it doesn't mean we have to go all soppy .
my two boys one is 30 and the other is 26 still gives me and their mother a hug and kiss.

love is best described here...
Love is an emotion of a strong affection and personal attachment. Love is also said to be a virtue representing all of human kindness, compassion, and affection —"the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another". Love may describe compassionate and affectionate actions towards other humans, one's self or animals.
In English, love refers to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from pleasure ("I loved that meal") to interpersonal attraction ("I love my partner"). "Love" may refer specifically to the passionate desire and intimacy of romantic love, to the sexual love of eros, to the emotional closeness of familial love, to the platonic love that defines friendship, or to the profound oneness or devotion of religious love, or to a concept of love that encompasses all of those feelings. This diversity of uses and meanings, combined with the complexity of the feelings involved, makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, compared to other emotional states.
Love in its various forms acts as a major facilitator of interpersonal relationships and, owing to its central psychological importance, is one of the most common themes in the creative arts.
Love may be understood as part of the survival instinct, a function to keep human beings together against menaces and to facilitate the continuation of the species.
granted these are not my own words but same thoughts.john

Whilst not a religious person (although I have my own beliefs) I wish you and your son all the best for the future and hope it works out well for both of you
seriously what are your belief Rocker.
I like to think that I'm a religious person but I don't go to church for obvious reason's but that's another story.

I belief in God but I don't subscribe to any formal form of church. This is because with my forefathers coming from a divided country and even my family coming from different denominations I have personally seen what harm organised religion can do
I really like the way a certain Irish comedian used to end his act with the phrase "May your God go with you"

Last edited:
that is exactly how I feel about religious membership.. all wars are fought in the name of religion .
these church leaders are a bunch of hypocrites . letting or trying gay marriage's be performed in church!!
its not what the bible condones .they seem to forget Sodom & Gomorrah .hence the word sodomy.

Interesting topic but I don't really think that this forum is the correct place for it though.

can't resist it can you.
READ the beginning of the post and scroll down..
man your just unbelievable as well as being a few cents short of a Dollar.

Whilst not a religious person (although I have my own beliefs) I wish you and your son all the best for the future and hope it works out well for both of you

If you had left out the first sentence to your reply Rocker. I would of appreciated your intentions to wish my son and I all the best for the future that much more. Now you have created a religious war here on the forum. I was born and raised Roman Catholic but as of today I do not attend church or preach the word of Christ. If Detailing For Jesus is going to help my son continue to stay clean of drugs and live a better life then God Bless America!

god-bless-america.jpg

Last edited:
If you had left out the first sentence to your reply Rocker. I would of appreciated your intentions to wish my son and I all the best for the future that much more. Now you have created a religious war here on the forum. I was born and raised Roman Catholic but as of today I do not attend church or preach the word of Christ. If Detailing For Jesus is going to help my son continue to stay clean of drugs and live a better life then God Bless America!

View attachment 2512
It was not my intention to dismiss anyones church . I respect everybodies faith be it Christan Jewish Muslim or whatever. I was just saying that organised churches don't work for me but I appprecisate that they work for others. My Americandaughter in law is a Mormon and we therefore respect her believes.
I'm glad that the church is doing good for your son and as I said previously I certainly hope that it all works out well for him

Interesting topic but I don't really think that this forum is the correct place for it though.

In case anyone misunderstood what I was saying here (I think I may have phrased it badly) I wasn't saying that the orignal topic is inapprpoiate for the forum I was in fact refering to the discussion between John & I on organised religon.
Sorry if any misunderstanding offended anyone

Detailing for Jesus LLC - Melbourne, FL - Car Wash ... - Facebook
www.facebook.com/DetailingforJesusLLC

A Detailing business where 50% of the profits are going to charity. God has blessed us with so much we want to give back what he has given us. Should it be the will of God and our business grows, we will start taking on trouble youth as employees and under the direct supervision of Jayson teach them the art of Detailing. To one day be able to start a business of their own.

For anyone that is interested. This is where you can follow the work performed by Detailing For Jesus. My son Stephen took the pictures of the Kawasaki Vulcan and trailer with Jayson Fischer who founded the company.

Last edited:
Back