• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Driver says "I don't care"...

At the end of the day the motorcyclist will be cited for: a) passing two cars b) passing on a double yellow c) exceeding the speed limit d) failure to control
a) may not be illegal but very dangerous - I've had drivers do just what this driver did. We should always pass one car at a time.
b) this is just illegal
c) this is also just illegal as they exceeded the speed limit to pass both cars
d) the motorcyclist failed to control his vehicle

Sorry, I don't feel that bad for the motorcyclist who was blatantly ignoring the rules of the road because he wanted to speed and show off. Did the driver purposely try to hit him? Was he really being stung by a bee or whatever? Possibly. I can't count how many idiot teeny-boppers on crotch rockets blow by me and several cars at a single time doing excessive speed and then they wonder why they're road kill. Stupid is what stupid does.

A 4,000 lb. car is deadly force. You do not have the right to use deadly force against someone committing a traffic infraction - no matter how much it ticks you off or how stupid it is. I think his repeated "I don't care" statements on the video will outweigh any later "stung by a wasp" stories. The civil award against him will be reduced by a percentage because of the motorcyclist being partially at fault. Both can be ticketed for crossing the double yellow, but the car driver could be arrested and charged with a crime.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't feel that bad for the motorcyclist who was blatantly ignoring the rules of the road because he wanted to speed and show off. Did the driver purposely try to hit him? Was he really being stung by a bee or whatever? Possibly. I can't count how many idiot teeny-boppers on crotch rockets blow by me and several cars at a single time doing excessive speed and then they wonder why they're road kill. Stupid is what stupid does.

Is it ok for me to kick someone's bike over if they're illegally parked, can I take you out if you're doing 60 in a 55, can I toss some gravel on a sharp corner on a popular twisty road because I saw you (someone) cross the double yellow?

I also see the car driver as using deadly force. The driver wouldn't want me on the the jury.
Imagine riding behind your son and girlfriend and someone did that. The girl didn't have any choice in the matter.
God forbid someone does that to one of my boys and I see it, because I will probably spend the rest of my life in prison for what I would do to that driver.

At the end of the day the motorcyclist will be cited for: a) passing two cars b) passing on a double yellow c) exceeding the speed limit d) failure to control
a) may not be illegal but very dangerous - I've had drivers do just what this driver did. We should always pass one car at a time.

As far as I could tell from the statute, there is no limitation in Texas concerning number of vehicles passed.

b) this is just illegal

Agreed that this is illegal.

c) this is also just illegal as they exceeded the speed limit to pass both cars

We don't know that, although it seems likely. The rider indicates the driver was driving (or had slowed to) about 20mph under whatever the posted limit was. The spacing of the three autos in the video suggests that either the driver was driving under the limit or that drivers regularly drive over the limit in that location. I will add that Texas has speed limits up to 80mph in areas. In my rural area roadways like that are usually 65mph.

d) the motorcyclist failed to control his vehicle

I have spent a good while trying to figure out what you mean by this. I have not succeeded.

Sorry, I don't feel that bad for the motorcyclist who was blatantly ignoring the rules of the road because he wanted to speed and show off.

I assume next time you commit a traffic infraction you are ok with people shooting at you or otherwise trying to kill you.

I feel bad for all parties involved in this incident. The driver of the car did not look young. As the son of a 91 driving parent I can imagine how that driver may have responded when "SURPRISED" to find a motorcycle overtaking him from two cars back.

This whole incident could have been avoided simply by the motorcyclist passing one car at a time. There was ample room between the two cars for this to occur. At the end of the day I believe he created the initial risk.

I have watched this video a few times and it's not clear that the driver of the car really knew what he was saying. He may have simply been surprised by the oncoming motoryclist and then looked over his shoulder which caused him to pull across the double yellow lines.

As motorcyclists we must assume we are completely invisible.

Sorry, I don't feel that bad for the motorcyclist who was blatantly ignoring the rules of the road because he wanted to speed and show off...

There are 196 countries in the World. I am sure that there is not even one where this kind of driver behavior would be justifiable, no matter of some individual opinions.
There maybe still some small, deeply hidden societies, which may not have a opinion (no highways), but they are excused... for now.

I have experienced "Road Rage" from a cager.

This guys would was driving real strange and looked like he was in orbit around Jupiter. He would not proceed to make a right turn when it was safe to do so. This upset me and I lane split around him, honked and flipped him the bird. It was like a switch flipped in the other direction. He immediately pursued me at a high rate of speed with his entire family in the car with him. He came up behind me at the next light inches for my rear tire blowing his horn at me. I ignored him and proceeded when the light was green. I he continued to pursue after me again at a high speed waiving around in traffic. I lane split to get away from him many times. I got through an intersection several car lengths ahead of him and he ran the red light without any concern for this family's safety. I came up to an intersection that always has heavy traffic at this time of the day. I split lanes quickly and then pulled through a parking lot at the corner to make a right turn. I lost him in the traffic jam. It looked like this guys was willing to inflict harm to me for honking and flipping the bird at him. :confused:

From what I could see, the guy was Middle-Eastern.

I do not flip the bird to anyone anymore, I now honk and raise my hand open palmed into the are air. I have not gotten a reaction like that ever again...

Just this morning, I had a driver ride in my blind spot for about 10 miles. I was running 70 in a 65 in the right lane.. Not too outlandish I don't think. I sped up, he sped up. I slowed down, he slowed down. All speeds between 55 and 80 were covered and he stayed planted in my blind spot. Eventually, I just let off the gas and coasted down to about 45 until he had no choice but to go on ahead, since traffic had backed up behind him. I was angry, but at no point did I think about ramming his car or shooting at him or anything like that. You just have to be so conscious of idiots like that.

There are countless reactions that would have been acceptable. Flip him the bird. Call the cops. Follow him and exchange words in a parking lot somewhere. Stage a protest. Flip him the double bird. Complain to all the other old men at the Biscuit Barn the next morning. Call your congressman. Petition city council to reduce speed limits. Attempted murder. Oh wait, that last one isn't ok. Oddly enough, that's the one this guy chose. Maybe that's a little too harsh. Does Attempted Vehicular Homicide/Manslaughter/Assault/(Pick One) sound any better to you? I didn't think so. That stupid old man needs to be punished and I hope he gets everything he deserves. Can you imagine your wife or girlfriend going through all that pain because some grumpy old man got p'ed off that he couldn't control how fast you were going? I guarantee that's what it was. He was mad because the car behind him had probably been there a while and when the bike started to pass, he swerved to "teach them a lesson." "I'll teach them to ride my bumper." Oh my God, this is getting my blood pressure up. Accidents happen, but I can't abide when folks try to hurt someone on purpose.

Last edited:
I would charge that driver with attempted murder, put them in jail, and throw away the key.

There is zero justification for that kind of insane and malicious action. Disgusting!

Personally I do think the motorcyclist was stupid for putting himself and his poor, innocent passenger in such a predicament, but in no way, shape, or form was that deserving of the despicable behaviour of the car driver.

At one time or another, every single person on the road will do something illegal, and justify that action to themselves. I would be extremely surprised and more than a little skeptical if no one here on the forum has ever gone faster than every posted speed limit, has never made a turn or a lane change without signaling, given the gas to go through a yellow light, done a U-turn, driven or ridden "faster than was appropriate for given conditions", etc.

Don't get me wrong, fair call, if I were a cop I would give the motorcyclist a ticket for passing on a double yellow as well, without question.

As the son of a 91 driving parent I can imagine how that driver may have responded when "SURPRISED" to find a motorcycle overtaking him from two cars back.

People who react to unexpected stimuli by veering into oncoming lanes should not be driving, period.

This whole incident could have been avoided simply by the motorcyclist passing one car at a time.

I seriously doubt that, even if we make the dubious assumption he was surprised. He certainly didn't say he was surprised. He said repeatedly he didn't care, and said he was stung by a wasp.

I have watched this video a few times and it's not clear that the driver of the car really knew what he was saying.

Then he shouldn't be driving.

Last edited:
According to the national news report I saw this evening the motorcyclist has been charged with driving without a proper license (I assume no MC endorsement) and illegal passing on double yellow. Police are reviewing the video and car driver likely will be charged with assault with a deadly weapon and reckless driving. Video had another half million hits since this morning.

Two stupid people trying to display just how stupid they are at the same time in the same place -- never does work. I feel sorry for the people on the bike. They obviously have paid a high price for their decision. Hopefully the driver of the car will also have to pay a price for his decision.

Back