• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Driver says "I don't care"...

I find so ironic that people can apparently see motorcycles just fine when they want to, (even from way back behind them, not even in their own lane) yet the first words out of virtually all car drivers are: "I didn't see him" every other time they run into or over us.

"I don't care" is right. It pretty much sums it all up. They don't care enough to bother looking for motorbikes when they are not angry at us, and they don't care about hitting motorbikes when they are angry at us. :(

True words here folks. This guy just scored a bulls eye.

Anybody have any newer information?

I have tried Google for a while and can come up with nothing later than all the news stuff at the time of the incident.
I have found some sited that portend to give state documents but they just lead me to frustration.
The only thing I found that might be a real state site to look up has a account set-up requirement and they charge too.

Anybody heard anything about Crum or Ms. Simpson?

Is the motorcyclist dead? If not, maybe he/she learned a bit of a lesson. That's why they have rules. All you have to do is follow them.

Feel so sorry for the poor girl passenger who committed no wrong, but is paying, both figuratively and literally, for this reprehensible act on the part of the car driver.:(

I still do think the motorcyclist should have received a ticket for passing on a double yellow, but it's utterly disgusting that the car driver shows zero remorse and still apparently believes he either did nothing wrong, or was perfectly justified. :mad:

If you were peddling along on a divided bicycle/pedestrian path, and I came up behind you on my bicycle, decided you were going a bit too slow for me, and popped over to the pedestrian side briefly long enough to pass you, would you think it was ok to deliberately veer into my path and cause me to wreck? It's not ok for me to pass you, safely, with no opposing walkers in harms way, but it's ok for you to go into the walking path, in order to cause injury to another?

That line of thinking is beyond all belief

I still do think the motorcyclist should have received a ticket for passing on a double yellow...

Why? I am sure that if someone charged him with an illegal pass he would have gotten the ticket, but was the illegal pass the issue here or the guy who maliciously moved his car to intercept him the issue?

The pass may have been illegal, but was it unsafe? (Besides the getting hit by a car part) The sight lines looked good. It kind of seems like your example of a cyclist popping onto a unused pedestrian path. You wouldn't expect the cyclist to get a ticket for that would you?

Why? I am sure that if someone charged him with an illegal pass he would have gotten the ticket, but was the illegal pass the issue here or the guy who maliciously moved his car to intercept him the issue?

The pass may have been illegal, but was it unsafe? (Besides the getting hit by a car part) The sight lines looked good. It kind of seems like your example of a cyclist popping onto a unused pedestrian path. You wouldn't expect the cyclist to get a ticket for that would you?

I'm completely not connecting the two things, but solely in the strict sense of viewing an operator of a motorcycle do an illegal thing, pointing out my personal opinion on an observed action.

Passing on a double yellow is against the law, and like it or not, that's the bottom line. I may think any number of laws are silly and worth flouting, and be correct. I may think any number of laws are silly and worth flouting and be wrong, as well.

The pass, if it had been done without the car having any reaction whatsoever, looked perfectly safe to me, for sure.

And yes, if the law is to stay in the bicycle lane, and you go onto the pedestrian only path, I would expect a ticket if caught. I might be quite miffed at the inequities of life, were there no pedestrians within a mile, and it was perfectly safe, but it was my choice to gamble and I recognize that you can lose more often than win, unfortunately lol

Around here the ticketing is guaranteed after the accident investigation proves what happened. The rider would have gotten a ticket for DY passing. It would have been totally unrelated to whether the car driver also got ticketed, or even charged with a felony.

The difference between "Vehicular Manslaughter" and "Murder" really comes down to one word, "Intent". Either way, a lot of time in jail if convicted.

A few blocks from my home a lady caught her husband with another woman. She not only ran over her husband, then she backed over her husband again to make sure he was dead - "Murder".

DUI or DWI kills unknown person in an accident - "Vehicular Manslaughter".

Back