• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dual Clutch Transmission Change Pedal Kit

I would definitely install one if the price were more reasonable. Partly for the reasons JustPlainBill states ... sometimes where I want my left hand makes the paddles less than optimal. The other reason is that the NC700x is my first bike, and I'd like to get used to toe shifting so if I ever upgrade bikes to one that has clutchless shifting (hellloooo R1200RT with Gear Shift Assist :cool:) the transition would be more natural. But at almost $300, I'd rather spend on a better rear shock (not because of offroading, but because in the realm of human engineering, I occupy the opposite end of the spectrum from a 5'5" 140 lb Japanese male).

resurrecting this old thread ... I got a DCT foot shifter at a very good price, and installed it today (thanks for those excellent videos JustPlainBill). Why? Because I ride the DCT 95+% of the time in manual. I'm a "joy rider" (but averaging about 6,500 miles per year) not a commuter so I'm rarely in stop n' go traffic (when I am, or on the interstate, I use D or S). I use engine braking all the time for twisties, and like to downshift and upshift at will. I was intrigued by the foot shifter, and it was very easy to install and works just like advertised. It becomes a "third way" to handle the transmission and as I mentioned above, I like keeping my left hand a bit further "outboard."

It's clearly not anything like a necessity, and I've done about everything else to this bike so this was more of a "gee whiz" but I find I like it a lot.

Back