• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Easy Center Stand Install

ronsaw

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is really easy - if you take just a few minutes and think it through first. I read some posts, then checked YouTube (see link at the end here)

Here's what I did -

1- Install rubber stopper as needed on stand. I used spray silicone to lube.

2- Install spring "keeper nut" into pre-threaded location on right side of frame (do not need to drop exhaust, and I have big hands). Tighten with 12mm open end wrench.

3- Grease the center stand shaft, and slide through body of center stand, lining up as needed. Secure with provided allen bolt. Tighten w/5mm allen.

4- Install springs on spring hook that you just installed. I wrapped fishing line around my four fingers, maybe about 25 times, making about a 4" fishing-line loop. Then, I used a pull-strap (ratchet strap would work too) that was secured to the back of the swing arm. I used the fishing line loop and put one end over the loose ends of the springs, and the other end of the loop around the hook of the pull strap.

5- The next step is to pull the springs tight. Sitting directly behind the bike, with a foot on the rear tire, I pulled straight back on the pull strap, tensioning the springs as needed. (To get the stand to hold in the "up" position at the same time, I used a zip-tie hold it to the frame). If you pull straight back while loading the springs, you may hear a click as I did as the springs both popped in position on the center stand. Loosen the tension on the pull-strap.

* Cut the fishing line and zip tie - and you are done. Took me 25 minutes, most of which was tying up the pull strap and tensioning the springs. Easy and safe to do.

--Here is a good YouTube video that I got my idea from: Honda NC700X center stand/spring instal - YouTube

Thanks, Guys!

Exactly the way I installed my center stand. This is the easiest way (ratchet strap) makes it a one man job and no need to roll the bike forward, it can stay securely on the side stand the whole time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back