• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ebay....Fork Brace?

shawnk

Reaction score
Visit site
Balance Shock Front Fork Honda NC700X NC700S | eBay Hope the link works. Seems like ebay is full of interesting looking parts for the NC out of China. Has anyone bought one of these yet? I'm assuming it's supposed to be a functional fork brace, but it appears rather thin (nice looking piece though). The one I have on my old Suzuki GS1100 is probably 3 times thicker looking.

I haven't seen any threads where members were wanting a fork brace. It's funny a company would come out with a product that there's no demand for - as far as I can tell.
How about a pannier system for our bikes like Tusk has for the KLR650?
Tusk Aluminum Pannier Boxes with Pannier Racks | Dual Sport | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
:D Well along those same lines- there's also a company on there selling a wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System for $150. To me, if you don't already have a $3 pencil gauge in the frunk so that you can check your pressures frequently (like before every ride), then you don't need to be on a motorcycle.

I haven't seen any threads where members were wanting a fork brace. It's funny a company would come out with a product that there's no demand for - as far as I can tell.

They'll be bought by guys who want to turn their road bike into a testosterone filled off road bike, whether the fork braces actually do anything isn't important, as long as it makes the bike look manly and aggressive. :rolleyes:

Just look at the stuff Touratech sell that you don't need.

I thought fork braces were designed to deal with high speed wobble on the front end. Personally I don't feel the need for one on the NC as it doesn't wobble much and I certainly don't ride it at a high enough speed to need a fork brace.

They'll be bought by guys who want to turn their road bike into a testosterone filled off road bike, whether the fork braces actually do anything isn't important, as long as it makes the bike look manly and aggressive. :rolleyes:

But... they look so cool!

These are universal parts. They are not intended for the NC700. Even if they actually can be installed over the fender curve(doubtful), they are purely cosmetic. An actual fork brace keeps the forks from flexing and keeps them parallel when under stress. These units look so thin and flimsy, they can do none of those intended purposes. Look at how beefy an OEM fork brace, or even an aftermarket brace like Superbrace is, and compare it to how these braces look. There is basically no structural similarity.

You can also find ebay bulk sellers listing gas tank filler mounts for the NC700. I contacted one to inform them that the NC tank is under the seat and, therefore, their product could absolutely not be used on the NC, and they referred me back to their compatibility list on the listing and said to have a professional install it. I call complete BS.

A fork brace can be an awesome addition on some bikes. I don't think the NC700x is heavy enough to warrant one, though. For background, a fork brace completely revamped the ride on my Concours (in a good way).

This looks like a generic piece. I truly doubt that it was "engineered for the NC700X".

Those things are a huge joke. They wouldn't last at all if a wobble actually did start, which is highly unlikely, because the metal crossbar (if it actually is metal) is ridiculously thin, and the end caps look to me like they are PLASTIC.
I suspect, like other commenters, that these are purely decorative.

hey steady on there Jelly ya donna wanna upset these yanky guys;) yeah'll get kicked off fa makin em spat thar dummies out:rolleyes:

Back