• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Engine paint

dirtbikes987

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone tried to buy OEM engine paint or had any luck matching the paint to something commonly found at a hardware store?

I laid my bike down shortly after getting it and have some scratches on the left side cover and would like to touch them up. My dealer was of no help other than telling me to contact color rite. I'm not looking forward to spending $50 on a can or aerosal paint for a touch up so just looking for some alternatives.

I tried the silver metal metallic from autozone but it is to light.

Or you can leave the scratches and invent a good story about how you got them. I had a great table-top going off this hill when another rider cut through my landing zone so I stabbed the rear brake to rotate her around which put me headed toward a bolder. Figured if I got into the gas I could bring the backend around and try to bounce off the rock. Swung my leg around the seat so it wouldn’t get trapped between the bike and the boulder. When the tire hit the rock the bike stood up, I poured on the throttle and she just glanced off the rock leaving a few scratches on the side. Man that was a close call. Stupid rookie riders need to pay attention, almost killed me.

Back