• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ermax Hugger now available in USA - Installation Pics!

Thomasec

Reaction score
Visit site
Ermax Hugger now available in USA - Installed Pics!

I just received and installed an Ermax brand (made in France) hugger. It is imported by Frog Specialties in Torrance, CA and is available now. Price is $165 (shipping is extra) and is only available in a painted version (I believe that Silver and Black are options.) Quality, fit and finish is supurb. Installation is all of 15 minutes. The fit is close to the tire so it may not work if you use or plan on using a non-stock rear tire. I chose this hugger as I like the looks (has some interesting character lines) and like the integrated chain guard. Expensive for a piece of plastic, but it does give the X a more premium look.

FROG

DSCF0169.jpgDSCF0170.jpgDSCF0171.jpgDSCF0172.jpgDSCF0173.jpgDSCF0176.jpgDSCF0177.jpg

Attachments

• N700sideview.jpg
    N700sideview.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 771
Last edited:
BTW - Philippe at Frog is absolutely wonderful to work with. Very professional and went the extra mile with communication and status. You cannot go wrong with this outfit.

Last edited:
I have a black Ermax fitted and was pleasently surprised to find that it has a slight metal flake effect. looks really nice in the sun which we do actually get here well on a few days every year :)

How close to the stock silver is the color on the hugger? Can you post a pic showing the entire bike in profile?

It is very very close and quite "factory" looking. I didn't have very good light when I took the above pics, so will add a full profile pic later today.

Last edited:
My Guinness My goodness!! Pure hotness there. Looks like a nice factory blend. Drooling....coming soon to a bike near me!!!

It's a long time since I have heard the Guinness phrase. Surely judgeing from your photo you can not possibly old enough to remember it being the "in" phrase. Of course the US may have had it a long time after us

It's a long time since I have heard the Guinness phrase. Surely judgeing from your photo you can not possibly old enough to remember it being the "in" phrase. Of course the US may have had it a long time after us

Ha ha Rocker66, you are indeed correct. I first saw it on a poster in college dorm. Thought it was cute. We're very big on reruns here, what was once old is new again ;-))

I don't believe so. Chain adjustment for slack is taken up at the axle which is easy to get to. For anything that you might need to remove the stock chain guard to do, then you probably would. But removing the hugger is only a bit more work than the chain guard. Nothing to be concerned with.

How about the one from R&G....has anyone installed it?
RGH0007BK Honda NC700X/NC700S (2012)

I haven't, but looking at them more closely. I might be inclined to go with the one from R&G as I don't believe it has a built in chain gaurd like the Ermax one does. Not having to take of the whole hugger just to get to the chain seems better to me as the stock chain gaurd only has like two screws holding it in. The Ermax would making servicing the chain more difficult I would assume. Though I may be wrong as I don't have either one yet, just going off photos seen on the web.

Well, to remove the Ermax hugger, you would have to undo three bolts. Putting back on does take a little finesse as you have to center it up with the tire before cinching it down.

Back