• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Extreme Farkling begins..

Racetech as yet does not list the NC700X on their on-line application chart. Did they tell you what Gold Valve Emulator kit number was used on your NC?

Well, they have done two of them now, so they know what fits it. I got the S4101NV Gold Valves with S3534085 springs and am using USF-05 15 weight oil. The best choice for you may depend on your intended use. Mine was spec'ed for Dual Sport Intermediate 195 lb. rider. If you want them to reference it, the shop order number was RT9085.

I ended up with the same gold valves, but a little bit stiffer spring # S3534090 (34.7x340mm .90kg) and 15 weight oil.

The shock rear shock is a thing of beauty. I'll see if I can upload a pic or two.

I don't want to cross any boundries posting pics on Lee's thread... do you guys mind?

Last edited:
Cool..

Just a couple shots of the shock installed. Hydraulic preload adjuster at the top, and a rebound adjuster at the bottom. (Basically a tuneable bypass to all valving at once)

8034307365_226ba8bcb5_z.jpg

8034307847_a704ca0b77_z.jpg

8034308004_b920b9f34e_z.jpg

You are right. It is drop-dead gorgeous. I plan to cover up all the "pretty" on my Öhlins with a shock sock so it doesn't get trashed as easily. I also put gaiters on front for the same reason. It is a big investment, and I want to get as much service life as possible out of it.

Oh, and we now have matching decals at the bottom of the front fork sliders.

DSC00648.jpg

Last edited:
Beemer, where did you get the fork guards/gaiters? Sorry, but I will be copying you on those.

Beemer, where did you get the fork guards/gaiters? Sorry, but I will be copying you on those.

That is why we share ideas. It's not like we are wearing the same dress to the Emmys.

I got them on eBay. Measure the OD of the fork tubes, the OD of the fork slider tops, and the amount of fork tube showing when fully extended and you have the three numbers for ordering. I used 42 x 64 x 250 I think, but better that you measure. I use 42 on top and don't attach it so they will vent. Otherwise, you may have to cut holes in it. The bottoms are stretchy so a few mm smaller than the measurement is fine, actually, preferred.

I will try to locate exactly what I put on, but there is nothing magic about my choice.

I put these on my Tiger 800, they are simple and very easy to install.

The problem with these on the NC is that there is not much fork tube showing at the end of compression. I am wondering now whether I have enough with the gaiters I put on that they don't act like rubber snubbers. I may need gaiters with fewer ribs. I may have bought them too long. No-one needs to copy me on this until I prove it out. I may need something more like this...

41mm Gaiter Fork Boots for Harley Davidsons Free Shipping! | eBay

10-4 I shall wait until the review is out before I copy your idea. So what dress are you wearing to the Emmy's? :D

Woo hoo! The Öhlins rear shock showed up on The Brown Truck of Joy (tm) today. It is the simplest of Öhlins shocks with only preload and rebound externally adjustable. No remotes, etc. The damping and springs were custom to me by Öhlins USA. We'll see if they got it right. I'll have to check the sag and make sure that the Öhlins rear and RaceTech front are set the same. If not, I will reset them.

P1070421.jpg

The NC700x specific shock is a model HO-070. The height is a non-adjustable 312mm with travel of 56.5mm.

OTHER NEWS:

I finished the wiring tonight as well but I didn't get a chance to run functional tests. More on that tomorrow as well.

The biggest thing remaining is to fabricate the acrylic covers for the front of the Givi bars upon which will be mounted the Rigid Inustries Dually LED driving lights - having relegated the cheap POS Teslas to back-up light duty on a couple of my trucks.

Last edited:
Question- that shock looks like it's either got 1" of travel, or it's somehow being held in a compressed state. But I see no zap straps or anything, and the spring itself doesn't really look all that compressed. ????

Does the shock really have fairly small travel, and it's the Pro-Link linkage pivot ratio making up for the rest of the measured travel?

Question- that shock looks like it's either got 1" of travel, or it's somehow being held in a compressed state. But I see no zap straps or anything, and the spring itself doesn't really look all that compressed. ????

Does the shock really have fairly small travel, and it's the Pro-Link linkage pivot ratio making up for the rest of the measured travel?

56mm of travel is just over 2 inches of shock travel. The Pro-Link is a travel multiplier of about three.

Any feedback as far as your suspension goes beemerphile? I'm seriously considering the Racetech gv emulators and possibly a penske or ohlins shock. I would be particularly interested in hearing how it performed during spirited riding. I love me some tight, technical twisties.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Any feedback as far as your suspension goes beemerphile? I'm seriously considering the Racetech gv emulators and possibly a penske or ohlins shock. I would be particularly interested in hearing how it performed during spirited riding. I love me some tight, technical twisties.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Yes, I am quite satisfied with them, as are several other members. I haven't heard of anyone who has installed them and been displeased. As far as spirited riding, that is not what I bought them for. I bought them to make the suspension plusher over bad roads. In that regard, they are much more stable in a bumpy turn. On smooth roads, I am not sure I would be able to tell the difference in handling.

Back