• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Extreme Farkling - Circuits and controls

The next farkle for today is the luggage compartment light. *snip*

Question, Lee:
does the light interfere with the ability to stuff a helmet in there? I don't know what the clearance is between the helmet face and the interior side of the lid.

Question, Lee:
does the light interfere with the ability to stuff a helmet in there? I don't know what the clearance is between the helmet face and the interior side of the lid.

It only protrudes about an inch from the surface. I don't store a helmet in mine, but when I once tried it out there, it fit inside the box without sticking up past the sealing edge, so it would not have interfered. My helmet is an Arai full face.

FYI: I needed a PDM60 for a project I am working on with my Silverado pick-up truck, so I backtracked on the PDM60 power distribution module in the NC and replaced it with the Fuzeblock unit. I had seen it at a BMW rally recently and when I read the post by saru2011 I decided that simpler and cheaper was better. I have not had any trouble with the PDM60 and have used one on the BMW for years. I just decided this was a simpler solution and cheaper than buying a second PDM60. I did not need the off-delay circuits on the bike.

View attachment 1074View attachment 1075

Oh no, I read this thread with lots of interest in PDM60... I guess the Fuzeblock will do the job too. Does the Fuzeblock have enough AMP to handle all your needs?
Btw, is your spot light wired together with the High Beam?

Oh no, I read this thread with lots of interest in PDM60... I guess the Fuzeblock will do the job too. Does the Fuzeblock have enough AMP to handle all your needs?
Btw, is your spot light wired together with the High Beam?

The Fuzeblock is rated at 30 amps which is the output of the NC alternator. Any extra ampacity in the power distribution module does not add circuit ampacity. It is fine to hook up more than 30 amps of load, you just can't run it all at the same time. Either one works fine. The Fuzeblock lets you easily choose between switched and unswitched. The PDM60 gives you delayed off and gets rid of fuses for breakers.

I wired the spot lights (Duallys) directly into the Honda high beam (blue) wire. With the HID light installed, the load of the light is carried through the Fuzeblock and only a relay load is placed on the blue wire. Therefore I was able to use the original circuit ampacity to drive the LED spots. If you were still running the stock headlight, this would not be the case. My Dually D2's are powered through the Fuzeblock and switched between 50% and 100% power through the IQ-170.

The Fuzeblock is rated at 30 amps which is the output of the NC alternator. Any extra ampacity in the power distribution module does not add circuit ampacity. It is fine to hook up more than 30 amps of load, you just can't run it all at the same time. Either one works fine. The Fuzeblock lets you easily choose between switched and unswitched. The PDM60 gives you delayed off and gets rid of fuses for breakers.

I wired the spot lights (Duallys) directly into the Honda high beam (blue) wire. With the HID light installed, the load of the light is carried through the Fuzeblock and only a relay load is placed on the blue wire. Therefore I was able to use the original circuit ampacity to drive the LED spots. If you were still running the stock headlight, this would not be the case. My Dually D2's are powered through the Fuzeblock and switched between 50% and 100% power through the IQ-170.

Seems I have much to learn, got a headache reading this.

Back