• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Faith in humanity = restored

buckshot

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, for the time being anyway.

As the result of a bad start to the new year I got to spend a bit of time in the waiting room of the local Canadian Tire store while a pair of tires were fitted to my car this afternoon, and something completely awesome happened.

There was a young french couple there when I arrived, it looked like they had been there a while and that their stay was not going to be over any time soon. There was also another fellow, looked to be in his mid 40s, milling around the room, in and out talking with the service people. About 15 minutes into my stay mid 40s enters the room with a delivery guy from the local Swiss Challet restaurant, and they both unload some food from the big delivery bag. Mid 40s pays the delivery guy and tips him quite well.

After the delivery guy leaves, Mid 40s approaches the french couple and introduces himself as the owner of the local Swiss Challet and explains how he overheard what I'm assuming was a distressed phone conversation that they must have had with friends/relatives regarding their automotive troubles. He then says he's been there himself, knows how hard this sort of thing can be when you've got someplace to be, and gives them the two meals from the takeout bag. He then set about finding some plastic cutlery for them, and returned with some knives and forks momentarily.

Despite having to deal with a flat tire at 5:30 in the morning with the outside temp hovering around -30C, after seeing what happened this afternoon it's been a good day.

Well, for the time being anyway.

As the result of a bad start to the new year I got to spend a bit of time in the waiting room of the local Canadian Tire store while a pair of tires were fitted to my car this afternoon, and something completely awesome happened.

There was a young french couple there when I arrived, it looked like they had been there a while and that their stay was not going to be over any time soon. There was also another fellow, looked to be in his mid 40s, milling around the room, in and out talking with the service people. About 15 minutes into my stay mid 40s enters the room with a delivery guy from the local Swiss Challet restaurant, and they both unload some food from the big delivery bag. Mid 40s pays the delivery guy and tips him quite well.

After the delivery guy leaves, Mid 40s approaches the french couple and introduces himself as the owner of the local Swiss Challet and explains how he overheard what I'm assuming was a distressed phone conversation that they must have had with friends/relatives regarding their automotive troubles. He then says he's been there himself, knows how hard this sort of thing can be when you've got someplace to be, and gives them the two meals from the takeout bag. He then set about finding some plastic cutlery for them, and returned with some knives and forks momentarily.

Despite having to deal with a flat tire at 5:30 in the morning with the outside temp hovering around -30C, after seeing what happened this afternoon it's been a good day.

0.jpg

Run out of gas as often as I do, and you will quickly find a lot of good folks in this world. Howard Hughes use to go out hitch hiking as a bum, when he needed to restore his faith in humanity. Believe me that 99.5% of the folks out there are good folks, it is that 1/2 of a percent that causes 99.5% of all the problems.

smileySkelton.jpg

Last edited:
It feels good to be on the giving end too. You can't help everyone all the time so you pick moments where you can. Try to do it as often as possible but its not always possible. I've ended up with excess ride tickets from the fair. I look around for someone I suspect can't afford to many and give them to that child with the parents permission. You'd be surpirsed how thankful people can be. It's a good feeling.

Back